Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Speculate: How is The Legion going to defeat Universo in Dream Crime (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Speculate: How is The Legion going to defeat Universo in Dream Crime
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Well the title says it all...How do you think DnA are going to write the demise of Universo?

I'll chime in a little later, as I really don't have anything good to contribute yet.

I only hope that DnA don't go for the obvious where Imra wakes up and discovers how manipulated she was by Universo thereby becoming very angry and head strong enough to put the smack down on Universo. That ending would by very disappointing.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I think you may be close to hitting the nail on the head minesurfer. It may be the obvious ending, but I might enjoy seeing Imra get her revenge just the same.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, you want something serious? That'll cost you extra, Minesurfer.

I see two possibilities: Imra, Nura and Sensor somehow combine mental forces to knock him out. Val could break Imra or Nura out of the chair. Maybe the 4 legionnaires who came from Steeple aren't mind-controlled, they're just knocked out - and we do have Val on the next cover, if that means anything.

Another option is rescue from without. Since Cub didn't get transported along with his parents (and neither did R.J.), maybe those two are going to somehow save the day. After all, Cub could be anything and R.J. - if he's a Martian - could have some nifty mental powers of his own.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sure that damn Saturn Girl is going to defeat him single-handedly.

God, I'm sick of her.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
but you have to remember what the Previews said about..."the stealthiest and .....ever made in Legion history" ( I may have misquoted...but the word has been scarred in my memory - "Stealthiest") I have been wondering exactly what it does mean? certainly has to do with Sensor, Invisible Kid, B5, Chameleon, Saturn Girl, Karate Kid..they have the ability to do the stealthy thing....So I predict that Universo is being fooled by Sensor...somehow...remember Sensor fooled Mr. Venge by thinking that the Legion World was exploded? So...maybe Dreamer knows that they are going to win...who knows?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
We do know R.J. has low-level mental powers of his own, but somehow I don't see that as the ending...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think Brande will show up. Cub might (assuming he really is grown up), but I don't know how he could resist Universo. Neither of his parents could.

KK and Ferro appear to be down for the count, but I might be wrong about KK, seeing he's featured so prominently on the cover and has demonstrated superior mental control in the past. Shikari? Perhaps she'll regain her senses too, but she's already had her 15 minutes of fame.

I believe it is Jeka who will turn out to be the real hero of Dream Crime. Despite reeling from the Universo's psi-blast, she'll find a way to defeat him. Two scenarios present themselves: she succeeds, alone, in breaking Universo's spell over the other Legionnaires, who quickly subdue him, OR she reaches out for Imra's help. I know you're all sick and tired of Imra in the spotlight, but it is a distinct possiblity here. I've always wanted to see her project that "mind monster" again -- the one Cham and Skikari fought in Legion Lost. Given her highly-charged emotional state right now, it could happen. And she wouldn't even have to leave her chair. But whatever Imra's role, or KK's, I think it will be Jeka's show in the end.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium Crystal:
KK and Ferro appear to be down for the count, but I might be wrong about KK, seeing he's featured so prominently on the cover and has demonstrated superior mental control in the past.

1) Dreamer was on this issue's cover. She did a lot, huh [Roll Eyes]
2) Brainy's demonstrated superior mental control in the past (remember how he first kicked that telepath out of Taklon-Gatros (Sp?), then when she went back in with mechanical augmentation, he wouldn't let her leave with the info she wanted), and I don't see him saving the day somehow [although he got a cover, so I could be wrong]

Since Jeka's own power gives her resiliance, though, she'l probably have at least some part in the final result.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
It never really occurred to me but I wouldn't mind it if the four getting defeated in the last issue was an illusion by Jekka. In fact, I think I would like that a lot. So they were actually freeing Imra and Dreamy while Universo thinks he's won... then BAM!!!

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Now that... would rock!

As long as Imra doesn't hog the spotlight <shameless Hussy>, I'll be happy...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
the stealthiest

Vi finally shrinks?

Okay, preboot, who could absorb sound, light,...?

Could anyone?

Besides Rond, who else is associated with Universo? clues, clues, where art thou?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd really like to give the writers credit and the clues have been laid out for us already, but I just don't see it. Thinking about the four Legionnaires who have appeared on the covers solo - were they there for a reason or did the artists just feel like drawing them? I'd like to think that those four were chosen for a reason.

Karate Kid - What's the point of bringing Ferro and KK back from Steeple if they are just going to be defeated in a few pages? I have to feel that Karate Kid will play a part, perhaps giving the final blow.

Saturn Girl - Why devote an entire issue of Saturn Girl's fantasies if she does nothing in the last issue? As minesurfer says, I hope they don't do the obvious and let overcome everyone mentally. I think that maybe she is communicating to the other Legionnaires, (or at least the four who came from Steeple) and is helping to formulate the plan that ends it all. Perhaps she communicates to her fellow Legionnaires through her fantasies.

Brainiac 5 - Maybe his part has already been played by creating the stargate that allowed Shikari and Sensor to escape.

Dreamer - She's the most puzzling of all. What part has she really played in any of this up to this point? The story's called "Dream" Crime, yet Dreamer has done nothing yet. I think she will play the greatest part in overcoming this threat. Here's how - The illusions that Universo has provided have to have come from somewhere. I think that they came straight from Dreamer herself. Everything that has been seen so far isn't really happening, but WILL happen. Cub growing into an adult, Star Boy's powers losing complete control, and especially an invasion by Apokolips. I think Universo is going to tap into something in Nura's head that is going to frighten him enough to give the Legion a slight advantage. It may also be used to set up future storylines.

Anyway, that's my two cents. We'll see in a few weeks how far off I am.

From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
As I was reading down through the responses, I think I like Dreamer as the hero the best. My initial thoughts were along the lines of Sensor snapping everybody out of the Dream Crime but that seems ALMOST as obvious as Imra being the savior...

Which leads me to ask, What crime has Universo committed? Invading thoughts seems a bit rude but not criminal. Is mind control a criminal act? If these were criminal, Imra would have been locked up long ago. Maybe a case could be made for attempted murder, but how do you prove that in court? Any 31st century lawyers on this board?

I guess what I am really looking for is an end to the arc that is written well and very unpredictable. Something like Singularity showing up unexpectedly or maybe Computo. Seems like robots and artificial intelligence should be immune to Universo.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by minesurfer:

Which leads me to ask, What crime has Universo committed? Invading thoughts seems a bit rude but not criminal. Is mind control a criminal act?

Actually, mind control IS a crime in the 30th century. Recall, from early in the reboot, that ALL Titans are required by law to display the saturn symbol that Imra wears when they are offworld. Nara Minsork had the symbol tatooed to her for refusal to wear it.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
My guess is that Dream Girl must play a significant part in the resolution of this story, of for no other reason than it's title measured against the fact that, so far, she has not really done a great deal. I would say that, at the conclusion of the next issue, she will be invited to formerlly join the Legion.

I would also guess that her visions of Star Boy's grave will come into play. The fact that his power has been on the fritz lately should result in a deadly denouement. I image that, when his power shorts out, he will A) hurl himself at the villain, or else B) hurl himself in from of some deadly blast aimed at Nura.

I am favoring B) which will appear to vaporize him. Hmmmm did the blast throw him into the 20th century to become Star Man? Possibly, although I suspect that if Thom dies and the body is not seen, then we can expect a new masked hero named Sir Prize to begin be-bopping around the UP within six to nine months.

We will also see something happen with Cub, which will foreshadow the coming of darksied and, most probably, Cub being a reincarnation of Orion. Darksied has dog-soldiers for bodyguards, Cub was protected by a Timber Wolf. Looking forward, Tinya's body will be found on Apokolyps. Not her missing 3rd body, but her real one. It will eb revealed that we have been watching the 3rd bodt, real name, Capt Frake, all along

It will be revealed that Frake was chosen mate with Jo so that she could give bith to the New God. Why Jo? I dunno, but we will see that Imra's attraction to Ultra Boy was merely her subconcios zeroing in on Ultra Boy's prominent role in the New Gods second coming.

Imra's vision of a 50's type world will be her mind zeroing on on the coming of Superboy, which will be the surpise that is the climax of next issue.

See Superboy arrives, big shocker, then we let it hand for a month with he visit Umbra, letting the fans stew and speculate, and then all is (seemingly) revealed in #25.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.