Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Post Boot Validus (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Post Boot Validus
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I remember reading somewhere that Validus became Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad's child based on a reader's suggestion, so in an attempt to become part of legion lore here's my suggestion for the
origin of the post boot Validus: the son of Live Wire and...

Spark!
Yes! Not the result of a terrifying curse from a cosmic level supervillain threat but rather the product of Winathian In-breeding [Lightning Lad]

Do DnA read these boards?

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
...And if that's not a memorable first post, I don't know what is!

[ August 11, 2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Definitely a...different...approach to the Validus concept. The idea is certainly entertainable but when you think that the Ranzzes actually had to do it together...well that just hurts my head. [Wink] I'm sure Winath isn't as bad as it's cracked up to be. They have weather control, after all!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Shadow suggests Twilight?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well you still have to explain the mental lightning. Plus I don't think it would be Garth and Ayla. I'd see it as more believable as being Ayla and Mekt. Mekt is disturbed enough and may hurt Ayla like that thinking he was protecting her. I highly doubt, though, that DnA would touch upon such a controversial storyline.

And I agree with EDE. What an original first post.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mekt Ranzz
singular.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mekt Ranzz           Edit/Delete Post     
oh please.

-

From: out & about | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Mental Lightning eh?
How about the mental lightning being a physical manifestation of the psychic link between the two lightning twins, as yet unseen but soon to be revealed in an uncoming story arc [Embarrassed]

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd be interested in a totally new origin that could add some dimension to the character since he doesn't have much of a personality on his own.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, that is indeed a classic first post. I don't know if DC would want to go into that uncharted territory.... has there been an incest story anywhere in comics? Maybe it's not considered so taboo on some future planets.

I do agree that Validus needs a good origin story. Something to do with socks.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Ok -- howabout this:

Validus is really a horrible amalgam of Garth and Jan! They merged at the end of "LL" and somehow ended up in the past.

[ August 12, 2003, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Possible, but yucky - eliminates Jan and/or Garth returning as themselves.

I just realized why Validus wears socks - 'cause he's post boot.

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Possible, but yucky - eliminates Jan and/or Garth returning as themselves.

Yeah, I'm actually not crazy about that idea. I'd rather Validus' origin be non-Legion related but something that could generate stories itself or be used to bring in other intereting characters somehwo related to him (i.e if he was created in a lab, the "Frankenstein" who created him or if he were a mutated person, the girl who loved him before he became a monster etc...)
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Post boot, he could be the child of Mekt and Imra, a secret passion the hussy has and has kept hidden from Garth. Garth would think that the child was his (of course) and be devastated when the "baby" is born deformed and then stolen from the nursery.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Sounds like "Melrose Place 3003" ... would that make Imra Heather Locklear?
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Has everyone forgotten Spark's dalliance with Universo?
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.