Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » SPOILER: Is he really back? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SPOILER: Is he really back?
Queer Legion
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Queer Legion   Author's Homepage   Email Queer Legion         Edit/Delete Post     
I just saw the upcoming announcements on the "Foundations" arc. What's the buzz on Garth?

[ August 25, 2003, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: queer legion ]

--------------------
QL
http://ThePlanetaryChanceMachine.blogspot.com
ql@nc.rr.com

From: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mekt Ranzz
singular.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mekt Ranzz           Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: out & about | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
We don't really know anything else. There's rampant speculation that it could be a "time anomaly" Garth, or more likely, a puppet-Garth (agent of Darkseid or the ProJanitor).

Maybe he'll remove a Garth face mask to reveal he's now strictly a lightning being...but I guess that's already done with our good old ball of energy Wildfire, so maybe not.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Bringing back Garth is a travesty, is nothing sacred, I mean he's dead!

Next thing you know they'll bring back jean Grey to the X mench

[Big Grin]

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Now I knew, being a shameless spoiler pig, but maybe in the future people could have a bit of thought for those not into Spoilers when considering a title for their thread.

It would be good to think that Live Wire's return, however it's done, will be a surprise for _someone_ out there. [Lightning Lad]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Live Wire's return was revealed in an openly and widely published solicitation as an "official" spoiler. We are meant to know about this event before it occurs. A marketing ploy? Perhaps. But for most of us it was an inevitability anyway. Now that the "when" has been answered, it's likely that the real surprises rest in why he has returned, what he does as a result of his reprieve, and how long he stays.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Queer Legion
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Queer Legion   Author's Homepage   Email Queer Legion         Edit/Delete Post     
I apologize Star Boy (and anybody else).

I didn't mean to be a "spoiler" spoiler.

What are the rules on what's a spoiler and what's not?

Shamefully yours,
QL

--------------------
QL
ql@nc.rr.com

From: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
No worries here - but as I said above, I'd have hated to have not known about Garth's imminent comeback, and then seen your post.

As for what's a spoiler? I suppose anything that's not yet happened? [Confused]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Queer Legion
Honorary

Thanks SB.

I promise I'll be more careful in the future. (Honest!)

QL

--------------------
QL
ql@nc.rr.com

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
QL, just keep this in mind and you should stay out of trouble (not saying you are in trouble by any means).

If it is news from a preview for an upcoming issue then it is considered a spoiler. And the best way to avoid any bad blood is to put the word SPOILER (preferably in caps to make it stand out) in your thread title.

Some fans, me not being one of them, avoid the comic news sites so they don't find out about upcoming revalations. Me, I prefer to know if its been released to the general public because I feel it helps to promote the Legion cause.

Hope that made sense and you don't take it as a lecture. Just trying to help out.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Queer Legion
Honorary

That made perfect sense to me LL. Thanks for the advice.

If anyone (with the power to do so) wants to delete this thread, please do so. I don't want to ruin the surprise for anybody who doesn't want to know.

(Or if I have the ability to delete this thread, please let me know how and I will. I haven't figured out yet if I can actually delete my own threads.)

QL

--------------------
QL
ql@nc.rr.com

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You can delete you own posts by just going to the edit button and checking the delete box then edit post. But instead of doing that, why don't you go into your first post and edit the title of the thread to include the word spoilers.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
You can delete you own posts by just going to the edit button and checking the delete box then edit post. But instead of doing that, why don't you go into your first post and edit the title of the thread to include the word spoilers.

I'd prefer that you edit your first post queer legion, maybe say "Guess who's back! SPOILERS!" or something to that effect, rather than deleting this thread.

[ August 25, 2003, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Queer Legion
Honorary

Thanks NC and LL!!

That was really easy! Geez!! Whatta duh I am.

[Edited for complete stupidity]

[ August 25, 2003, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: queer legion ]

--------------------
QL
ql@nc.rr.com

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
No apology required, QL! [Cool]

(And I hope I didn't seem like a Tetchy Tom above... Just thinkin' of those non-spoiler type, obviously endowed with more discipline than I!!) [Wink]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.