Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » There's not a lot of conversation about Legion #23 (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: There's not a lot of conversation about Legion #23
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Even Mystery Lad's Calling the Roll has only garnered 8 responses. And the discussion threads here are barely clinging to the front page.

I wonder why?

[ September 02, 2003, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: Kid Prime ]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it becasue the issue was kind of anti-climacic, with nothing of consequence happening that we did not already see coming.

Universo was defeated: no surprise
Imra proved the stronger mind: no suprise
Batista's art was nice: we've discussed that
The Dream Crime story line draggged on a couple issues too long: we've covered that already
Cub McGuffin: being discussed in other message threads
Val and Andy are not gay, unless they are: see other threads
Dreamer joined: Oh, So? Most of us thought she was a member already.
Sensor is kind of bitchy now: we covered that last issue

So, not much to discuss. I think most of u are looking forward to Lightle's Umbra issue and they saving our natter for the upcoming "return" of Superboy.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I think part of it is that not a whole lot happened and the stuff that did happen just hasn't sparked much convo because it kinda speaks for itself or doesn't require much comment beyond what others have already said.

Unless there's something about the issue we're all missing...?

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I still haven't got around to getting it yet. The cool response sort of dampened my urge to make the trip over to the comic shop, although I still will sooner than later.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I have not gotten it yet, but I have already ordered it through the mail. Should get it real soon either today or tmw. [Smile]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:

Unless there's something about the issue we're all missing...?

Page 7, panel 3, look in the background... lower right hand corner.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Duke! I don't get it! ??

We seem to say this about every issue, that it's not being discussed much. I don't really remember how much issues were discussed before ... we do seem to have covered a lot of points.

The other thing is that discussion of this and other issues continues over the weeks which follow; the intial threads focussing on just one issue may die out but the events & characters work their way into other topics.

This wasn't a really dense issue, as some have pointed out, and we don't have a device like hypertaxis to dissect. Mind-control, hypnotism is pretty classic superhero fare - and we didn't get much information on our villain to enable us to talk about him. And, unlike Ra's al Ghul, this is a "new" Universo - so we can't reach into the past for information or details about his character.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Duke! I don't get it! ??

Don't get what?
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
page 7, panel 3, lower right-hand corner. To quote Sgt. Schultz, I see nothing! (Nothing unusual.)

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

So you actually goT up, went to wherever the comic was, opened it up,and searched for the suggested page and panel, squinting closely at the area in question.....?

-

[Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud]

[ September 02, 2003, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Portfolio Boy ]

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Evil, evil Duke... [Laugh Out Loud]

And for the record, I've not read it yet myself. I should have it by late next week, when my comics ship.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Interestingly, Duke seems to have directed us all to look at Imra's crotch.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Really? I'm at works and picked a spot in the comic completely at random. I would say that 'ol Saturn Hussey must be burned into my subconcious. [Big Grin]
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Heh heh!! I do tend to take things a bit seriously... you probably didn't even have the book with you - lucky page 7 wasn't a full page panel, or even I might have caught on!

And remember Duke - revenge is a dish best served cold!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
So what is it we're missing about Imra's crotch? Did it exert some P-control I'm not pickin' up on? I would be the first to admit that her delta area is mesmerizing...

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.