Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Waid lurks! Post plot requests here (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Waid lurks! Post plot requests here
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
We have to assume that Mark waid lurks on these boards. Besides being a fine writer, he is far too big a Legion fan to have given these boards the pass entirely. Heck, I'd bet Wacker is around here somewhere as well.

So let's get the ball rolling on what things we would like Waid to tackle first.

Oh, and just in case they don't lurk, I will compile the top 10 requests and send them to DC ground mail.

Here are my requests:

1. If DnA intend to leave Cub dangling, I request you make like Michael Jackson and toss the little booger right over the railing. Age him right up to an adult and let him run away to found the Waderers or something. I don't care what really, just get him off the stage. These Legionniares are too young still to be saddled with kids.

2. Tiny'a 3rd body. Find it. Call it Capt. Frake. Then do as you will: merge it, kill it, or lose it again.... up to you.

3. Bring in big blue in some form: Clone-El, alt universe, whatever.

4. Address the whole Valor seeded the worlds and everyone worships him dangler.

5. OOUUUIIIEEEEEE!!!! TYROC!

6. We assume DnA will resolve the Jarth thing. If not, finish it up with both heroes restored to life and sanity

7. GIM LIVES!!

8. Who is "C?"

9. Whatever happened to Lori Morning? And Proty too, for that matter...

10. Give Chuck 50-cents for a soda and send him off to a Robot Gladiator Tournament. When he bounces back, sign him up for the Legion. And Tenzil Too! Oh, and Dirk. The Legion needs a Sun Boy!!

[ December 11, 2003, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Portfolio Boy ]

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
One word:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
quote:
One word:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I don't know. I think bringing Waid in means, yet again, a closer tie to the man in red tights. Maybe we'll get an answer after Superman's own upcoming mini-reboot.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I don't know. I think bringing Waid in means, yet again, a closer tie to the man in red tights. Maybe we'll get an answer after Superman's own upcoming mini-reboot.

God... I'd managed to blank his connection to all that out too...

Still, even with all the pointless retcons, Clark was still never Superboy. Which is half a loaf anyway, and more in the current context.

One question: Is Steve W staying? As long as it stays out the Supes/TT office... As long as...

[ December 11, 2003, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
1. If DnA intend to leave Cub dangling, I request you make like Michael Jackson and toss the little booger right over the railing. Age him right up to an adult and let him run away to found the Waderers or something. I don't care what really, just get him off the stage. These Legionniares are too young still to be saddled with kids.

I agree that the Legionnaires are too young to be doing the kids thing. If possible, I'd like to see Waid find out what DnA had planned and go with that. DC should be able to pony up the extra cash for a co-writing credit.

quote:
2. Tiny'a 3rd body. Find it. Call it Capt. Frake. Then do as you will: merge it, kill it, or lose it again.... up to you.
That's not a bad idea! Nice nod to the past.

quote:
I'm not as sure about this one. If we can have a Superboy in the Legion who has no links to the past, and therefore can't be the springboard for another continuity clusterf**k, I can dig it. If not, then keep Superboy in the 20th or 21st century where he belongs. And I'm a twenty-year Legion fan saying that.

quote:
4. Address the whole Valor seeded the worlds and everyone worships him dangler.
Yeah, I hope that DnA are going to resolve the whole Valor/Last Son thing, but if not, let's see Waid get back to the original concept. I reeeeally don't like the Last Son twist.

quote:
No, I don't think so. Only if he can make the character something more than the blatant token he was originally conceived as. Post-boot, the various writers have done a pretty good job of adding some color to the Legion's ranks and I'm not sure we should resurrect Tyroc unless there's a compelling story to be told.

quote:
6. We assume DnA will resolve the Jarth thing. If not, finish it up with both heroes restored to life and sanity
I don't mind if Garth returns. There's precedent for a LL resurrection. However, the Legion is one of the few comics where one could say "dead is dead" and I'd like to see that tradition maintained. As much as I love Element Lad, DnA killed him and bringing him back can only diminish the impact of his demise.

quote:
7. GIM LIVES!!!
Again, I really wouldn't want to see this happen. First, there's really no reason for it. Second, Gim's death was a defining moment in the rebooted Legion's history. Gim returning would seriously dilute the impact of that event.

Funny thing: I've noticed that no-one is clamoring for Monstress to return. Poor girl, she must be feeling rather unloved!

quote:
8. Who is "C?"
I've missed this entirely. What's the reference?

quote:
9. Whatever happened to Lori Morning? And Proty too, for that matter...
Isn't she off cavorting with the Time Trapper? Now that's a story I'd like to see. The Time Trapper hasn't been seen nearly often enough in this series and I hope that Waid will remedy that.

quote:
10. Give Chuck 50-cents for a soda and send him off to a Robot Gladiator Tournament. When he bounces back, sign him up for the Legion. And Tenzil Too! Oh, and Dirk. The Legion needs a Sun Boy!!
Ha! I like the way you phrase this. However, I do like what the reboot has done for Chuck. I think he's a much more interesting character now. Tenzil seems to work well as backround comic relief. Neither character would fit into the active team that has developed post-reboot.

Sun Boy is a different matter altogether. It's really time for him to join the team. Sun Boy was a major fixture of the pre-boot Legion and I think he would add something that the current team lacks. We don't have a cad in the group and every team needs a cad to be a foil for the more enlightened members.

My biggest desire is to see some more stories like the Atlantis story. These kids need some down time. Plus, I'd like to see some single issue stories. If DC wants to make the Legion more accessible to new readers, TPTB should encourage writers to focus less on multi-issue epics. It's fine to build in running subplots, but let's see some concise, disciplined storytelling. I think that this has been DnA's biggest weakness overall.

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Portfolio Boy:

quote:
We have to assume that Mark waid lurks on these boards. Besides being a fine writer, he is far too big a Legion fan to have given these boards the pass entirely.
You don't know that. Lord knows, I discovered the link to these boards totally by accident, and I don't think anyone here doubts the level of my attachment to the Legion.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:
Portfolio Boy:

quote:

You don't know that. Lord knows, I discovered the link to these boards totally by accident, and I don't think anyone here doubts the level of my attachment to the Legion.
Well, YOU we were hiding from. See, there are trivia contests here.... and we fear you. [Wink]

:sniff: NOw, I'll NEVER win. [Frown]

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Well, I can't find an e-mail address per se, but I found these:

http://newsarama.com/forums/member.php?action=mailform&userid=1767

http://www.comicboards.com/php/mailto.php?board=fantasticfour&rpl=021130160409

Anyone want to invite him? (LL or NC would be best for obvious reasons. And DON'T EVERYONE DO IT i.e. don't spam the guy, again for obvious reasons.) And no, I can't confirm they work - I haven't tried yet, and the comicboards one is from late 2002. No idea when he put his e-mail into Newsarama.

[ December 11, 2003, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------

Reboot

Cancel the form thingies, checked Google:

mwaid@aol.com

--------------------

Reboot

And while I'm at it, I may as well post the link to Kitson's e-mail form @ his homepage:

http://barrykitson.pentnet.com/sectionpage.phtml?page=email

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've sent on open invitation to both Mr. Waid and Mr. Kitson.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amentep

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amentep   Email Amentep         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Here are my requests:

I suppose they could possibly resolve both of these plots at once. Cure Cub of Aging, find the missing Tinya body only to find its an older person who doesn't want to go adventuring, but is perfectly willing to raise a son...

quote:
I have hoped for years that the Legion never went back to being tied to Superman...I'm hoping that - Foundation not withstanding - they don't return to having a Superman connection.

quote:

I've often thought Tyroc had potential but they really need a good hook for him, I think.

quote:
Oddly I was never a big fan of Sun Boy, but it certainly seems strange for him not to be around.

[ December 11, 2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Amentep ]

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by Amentep:
quote:

[QUOTE][qb]

I've often thought Tyroc had potential but they really need a good hook for him, I think.

You'll note that the Steepletonians had harmonic powers, and were purple, passive, and (ala Marzel) from an isolated world. All you need is one Steeletonian with a slightly different shadfe and a more extroverted personality and OOUUIEE! TYROC!
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Re:
Superboy -- I'm not crazy about Kon, but at least he isn't dominating the stories. The only way I'd want Superboy in the Legion is that if the Legion had some reason to grab a young Clark Kent, then erase his memories before sending him back to the 20th century.

"Jarth" -- it certainly seems like a dangling issue. I can't believe he's going to stay like that forever. Something needs to be done with him that seems more like a resolution to his current situation.

Cub -- make him the Infinite Man and send him looping through the timestream for all eternity or something.

I'd love a big Time Trapper Story. Some may think he's played out, but I like'em (though the current storyline seems like it's going to include a lot of the elements usually associated with TT)

Cadets and Legion World -- great concepts that should be explored some more, even if it's a little at a time.

More WILDFIRE!!! [Smile]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Continue with DnA's direction then find your own way. Leave the old crap behind.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.