Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The Every 100 Years Monster!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Every 100 Years Monster!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
If the Every 10 Years Monster was as strong as he was, imagine how terrifying the every 100 years monster would be?

How about the every 1000 years monster?! It could be a big DCU crossover, and then the his story could continue with the Legion!

The longer the wait between appearances, the bigger and stronger the monster is!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Readers of MEL:TS will know that the Every 10 Years monster was tough, but the Every 6 Hours Monster was more persistent.

The Every 93 Days Monster and Every Month Monster were scheduled to appear also, but fortunately they all worked up a tolerance to Glad Hander's Monster Stimulant.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
How about the every 1000 years monster?! It could be a big DCU crossover, and then the his story could continue with the Legion!

This reminds me too much of "The Millennium Giants": not one of the better post-Crisis Superman story-arcs, IMO. [No]

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Every 100 years? If it wasn't going to happen in your lifetime, no one bother preparing for it - it's your children and grandchildren's problem. No one would remember how bad the last one was. So the monster could show up and wipe the floor with everybody.

Push it to 1000 years and everyone will say, oh that's just a silly myth. Boy, will someone be surprised!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Glad-Hander's monster stimulant. Heh.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not even going to mention the Every 28 Days Monster. [Shudder]

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Glad-Hander's monster stimulant. Heh.

heh, again. [Smile]

--------------------

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
That's almost as good as Giant-Size Manthing or Ricks "COCKS WIN!!" thread... soo NAUGHTY! [Holdur]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:
I'm not even going to mention the Every 28 Days Monster. [Shudder]

[Eek!] [Shudder] Thank the stars for PAM PRYNN from planet M'idol!!! [gasp]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snerk]

Sometimes it doesn't wait the whole 28 days as you get older.

Pppphhhtttt.

[Evil]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.