Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » If Tenzil's powers *had* to be revamped... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If Tenzil's powers *had* to be revamped...
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd suggest having him temporarily take on some of the properties of whatever matter he consumes.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I always thought he should have 'super nutrition'-- meaning that some substances Tenzil ate would make him stronger, faster, smarter, etc. Of course this would only last until digestion works its...er... magic.
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matter-Eater Lad
Pasta La Bismoll!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matter-Eater Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Matter-Eater Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote for super bowel movements.

Tenz
[Matter Eater Lad]

From: Brooklyn, NY, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
how about making it more like Calorie Queen and he gains an amount of super strength with what he eats but he burns the calories up he loses his strength so it's temperary.

[ June 04, 2005, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN ]

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

But the Legion already has plenty of super-strong members. And if we're just going to give Tenz Cal's schtick, we might as well make Cal a Legionnaire instead.

I think allowing him to ingest matter and then take on its properties would be unique and diverse ability. Let him eat rubber and the become super-strechable, eat steel and then become strong and durable, eat the Miracle Machine and become virtually omnipotent...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's kind of what I was going for, EDE-- but I think it'd be more interesting if some of the things he eats yield results that aren't necessarily what you'd expect. For instance, eating rubber might make him stretchable, but eating chewing gum would give him TK (or turn him pink and give him the ability to cling to the bottom of tables [Smile] ).
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Hmm... maybe there could one substance he eats that has wild and unpredictable effects, like Red Kryptonite!

"Wowza! I accidentally ate ketchup again! I wonder what it will do to me this time? Will I become a woman, a super-gorilla, lose my memory... I never can guess it's effects!"

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
My yeeeeeears old idea for boosting Tenzil's powers without outright changing them was to establish that he (and all Bismollians) had "invulnerable innards" to explain his being able to digest steel and stuff.

So like, his bones would be unbrekable, and his organs would be unpuncture-able and whatnot.

This would make him invulnerable with a price. A sword or death-ray or whatever would actually hurt his outer flesh but would not cut or burn through because everything inside is invulnerable.

So in battle you might have a death-ray-zapped Tenzil hobbling around with a flesh wound, but otherwise fine. Except for the burning sensation, of course.

The postboot team instead decided to give him acid spit, which I like a lot less because it might impede Tenzilnova's kissyface action.

The idea of there being a substance that causes Red-K-like changes for Bismollians has me all a-giggle. I bet Keith Giffen would be mad he didn't think of it first!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

The idea of there being a substance that causes Red-K-like changes for Bismollians has me all a-giggle. I bet Keith Giffen would be mad he didn't think of it first!

That could be the coolest addition to the Matter-Eater Lad mythos since Kito*!

*Who the heck is Kito, you ask? Well, stay tuned to the Bits forum to find out!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Matter-Eater Lad has a mythos? Kewl!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Have you ever wondered how much the Tooth Fairy has to pay out for a Bismollian tooth? I have, often.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
I always thought Tenzil could be made to "power-up" by ingesting matter, then transfer this extra energy by touch to others, temporarily amplifying the powers of the receiver. This would make him a human 'Dynamo Boy'.

Naturally, he would retain normal Bismollian abilities...

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
PS - I'm sick of the Patriots always winning the super bowel

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I know it wouldn't be popular, but if they "had to" revamp M-E Lad, I think he should be a non-humanoid with an unhingable jaw (maybe with little T-Rex type arms even). He'd be a really intimidating creature with a huge maw who you'd be afraid might *eat you!*
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
My yeeeeeears old idea for boosting Tenzil's powers without outright changing them was to establish that he (and all Bismollians) had "invulnerable innards" to explain his being able to digest steel and stuff.

So like, his bones would be unbrekable, and his organs would be unpuncture-able and whatnot.

This would make him invulnerable with a price. A sword or death-ray or whatever would actually hurt his outer flesh but would not cut or burn through because everything inside is invulnerable.

So in battle you might have a death-ray-zapped Tenzil hobbling around with a flesh wound, but otherwise fine. Except for the burning sensation, of course.

The postboot team instead decided to give him acid spit, which I like a lot less because it might impede Tenzilnova's kissyface action.

MLLASH,

I also thought of the invulnerable digestive tract, but did not flesh (pardon the oun) it out more than that. I also thought of the acid digestive juices.

[ June 06, 2005, 06:10 AM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.