Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The Vi mystery - solved?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Vi mystery - solved?
baycent54
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baycent54   Author's Homepage   Email baycent54         Edit/Delete Post     
Your honor, members of the jury...
I submit that the (allegedly) missing Violet has been found!
As evidence, I present exhibit A:
In issue #1, page #15, where Invisible Kid first enters the headquarters, there are three small figures on the oval table. One of these has 'HER HAND RAISED AS THOUGH WAVING 'HI'.
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, what is your verdict?

From: Michigan | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I have to say that the evidence is inadmissible as heresay (An out of court statement made to prove the truth of the matter asserted)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I dunno....who are *three* small figures? **<____me - dumb____>

[ June 08, 2005, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: superboymddjr ]

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Clearly Vi is half-Carggite this time around. [Triplicate Girl - Re-Imagined]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, maybe I'm dense (maybe, ha!) but I kinda thought the Atom Girl thing in Issue #3 was an in-joke about Vi. Since "Shrinking Violet" isn't a lame enough, erm... a proper name for the re-imagined universe and all.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I think it was one of those Legion figurines with their arms raised. Clearly someone is trying to gain super powers from it.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Which explains why the powerless Projectra was sitting in front of them! I think you're onto something, Jim!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Three Founders action figures? However, given the team's 20th century fascination, and all the memorabilia pictured in that room, it could have been Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

Which doesn't explain Atom Girl... maybe the other legionnaires will call her Shrinking Violet, and she'll keep telling them her name is Atom Girl.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the same thing when that issue first came out. Might even have posted the thought somewhere here. I think it is Vi, standing among figurines of Supes, Batman and WW....fits the retro hero motif.

Curiously, that table is directly in front of Jecki and Brin, the OTHER mysteries.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
Okay, maybe I'm dense (maybe, ha!) but I kinda thought the Atom Girl thing in Issue #3 was an in-joke about Vi. Since "Shrinking Violet" isn't a lame enough, erm... a proper name for the re-imagined universe and all.

My understanding is that she's not going to actually be called "Atom Girl" even though it's her code name. I'm thinking she'll end up as Shrinking Violet after all.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Curiously, that table is directly in front of Jecki and Brin, the OTHER mysteries.

And the other charaters whose names don't fit.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps
I'm actually the Time Trapper...shhhhhh

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
As a note, like the Pirates Code, Legion naming conventions are more suggestions. Also, Star Boy not knowing Princess Projecta PERSONALLY doesn't mean he hasn't seen her before hanging around.

Presumably, Shavaugn Erin and other boyfriend/girlfriend equivalents visit the inner clubhouse all the time.

[ June 19, 2005, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: Charles Phipps ]

--------------------
Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
What a cool idea Charles. Non Legionnaires inside the clubhouse were extremely rare before the creation of Legion World in the DnA run but it would make so much sense to have members showing their friends and loved ones their homes away from home.
Besides, with B5's anti Science Police bias it would be pretty amusing to see him going batty over potential espionage agents inside the holy of holies.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps
I'm actually the Time Trapper...shhhhhh

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
As it was stated in the first issue, there's no "Bouncer" at the door and anyone who wants to come in can, it seems a pretty active place all round.

Given the new Clubhouse is also apparently Skyscrapper size, it seems entirely likely there's probably a few hundred people in it every day (Princess P's bodyguards for example) at the least with the "main 20" just being the active team.

I'm thinking of the Watchtower staff seen in the JLU cartoon as an example. In addition to guests, significant others, and family.

[ June 19, 2005, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: Charles Phipps ]

--------------------
Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.