Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Questions...

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Questions...
The Kahn
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Kahn           Edit/Delete Post     
1. Are versus topics allowed here?

2. What exactly is Tromium? I noticed in one issue Element Lad encases the team in it, to protect them, and in another Garth does the same when they time travel.

a. Does Tromium have any special properties besides being
extremely durable?

b. Would you say Tromium is less, more, or equally as
durable as the Marvel metal adamantium.

3. I read in a bio, linked below, that the serum M'onel takes to cure his vulnerability to lead also makes him immune to red solar radiation. But back in that issue where Ra's Al Ghul attacks M'onel he uses red solar radiation to keep him subdued.

Did the writer simply forget about the serum's beneficial side affect or was the bio I read just wrong? This is the bio to which I am referring:

http://spider-bob.com/heroes/dc/M'Onel.htm

--------------------
Reality is for people with no imagination!!

From: 30th Century Earth | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
1. Answer: Sure, but only with obscure characters.

EXAMPLE:

The Polecat VS. The Mess = Acceptable.

Mon-El VS. Ultra Boy = UNacceptable.

[Wink]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Some existing versus threads (so they don't get duplicated [Wink] ):

Eyeful Ethel versus the school-a-tron
Storm Boy versus Stormboy
Mutual of Obsidian versus Eternal Damnation
The Legion of Substitute-Heroes versus the Legion of Super-Rejects
Lori Morning versus Cub
Universo vs. Godzilla
Lemnos vs. Godzilla
Echo-Chamber Chet & Accordian King vs Duplicate Boy
Lyle's headband vs Jacques' 'Fro Streak
Tyr vs Mr. T
Fethro vs Jethro
Blok vs Ron-Karr vs Barber Boy

[ August 31, 2005, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Kahn
Applicant

quote:

EXAMPLE:

Any specific reason for that?

--------------------

From: 30th Century Earth | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, I'm an expert on tromium! [Smile]

2. What exactly is Tromium? I noticed in one issue Element Lad encases the team in it, to protect them, and in another Garth does the same when they time travel.

I don't believe it was ever stated. It's probably mineral-based, liked most crystalline substances, and Lyle referred to it as "rocks". It was originally depicted as green, but later miscolored as blue.

Tromium is not to be confused with Paelan memory crystals, which can store holographic data, with Tarnium, the substance used to power RJ Brande's stargates, or with Tsarin, which was a crystalline element preboot Jan used to create the monuments to Trom's dead. I don't believe a name was given to the white crystalline substance Jan used to created the monuments postboot.

a. Does Tromium have any special properties besides being extremely durable?

It can withstand hyper-relatavistic speeds, time travel, and journeys outside the material universe. It can be used to create hibernation/suspended animation cocoons. It does not decay over time. Element Lad survived in his tromium form for billions of years.

b. Would you say Tromium is less, more, or equally as durable as the Marvel metal adamantium.

Tromium can be shattered by weapons fire or by lightning, so I don't think they're really comparable. I don't know that much about adamantium, but I think the closest DC equivalent would be inertron.

Someone else will have to answer the other questions.

[ August 31, 2005, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Tromium ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
On the M'Onel front, I'm fairly certain the postboot version's serum didn't allow him to keep his powers under a red sun, unlike the original's serum. The writer has his 'boots wrong when it comes to that fact.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Kahn
Applicant

quote:
Hey, I'm an expert on tromium!

I don't believe it was ever stated. It's probably mineral-based, liked most crystalline substances, and Lyle referred to it as "rocks". It was originally depicted as green, but later miscolored as blue.

Tromium is not to be confused with Paelan memory crystals, which can store holographic data, with Tarnium, the substance used to power RJ Brande's stargates, or with Tsarin, which was a crystalline element preboot Jan used to create the monuments to Trom's dead. I don't believe a name was given to the white crystalline substance Jan used to created the monuments postboot.

a. Does Tromium have any special properties besides being extremely durable?

It can withstand hyper-relatavistic speeds, time travel, and journeys outside the material universe. It can be used to create hibernation/suspended animation cocoons. It does not decay over time. Element Lad survived in his tromium form for billions of years.

b. Would you say Tromium is less, more, or equally as durable as the Marvel metal adamantium.

Tromium can be shattered by weapons fire or by lightning, so I don't think they're really comparable. I don't know that much about adamantium, but I think the closest DC equivalent would be inertron.

Someone else will have to answer the other questions.

Ok thanks for the info.

quote:
On the M'Onel front, I'm fairly certain the postboot version's serum didn't allow him to keep his powers under a red sun, unlike the original's serum. The writer has his 'boots wrong when it comes to that fact.
I see, thanks.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by The Kahn:
quote:

EXAMPLE:

Any specific reason for that?
Mainly 'cause more people want to read about Policy Pam than Saturn Girl.

[Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

[ August 31, 2005, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.