Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » I'm sad that Blok is dead (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm sad that Blok is dead
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
Poor old BLOK

[Blok] [Blok] [Blok] [Blok] [Blok] [Blok] [Blok] [Blok]

I think everybody should post there favourite pic or convention sketch or panel featuring Blok

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I am sad as well. I was a big Blok fan. His death I admit was a great story. One of my favorite Legion stories ever. But man I miss him.

He appeared as part of the Legion in a JSA issue. I was hoping he'd make it into the DnA Legion...and honestly think he would have.

Not so sure if we'd see him again but I really really hope so. After Wildfire he's my #1 pick for old member coming back.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jorg-EM:
After Wildfire he's my #1 pick for old member coming back.

Sooooo... he's your no 2 pick then, huh? [Razz]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidMarvel (Bunny)
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidMarvel (Bunny)   Email KidMarvel (Bunny)         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by PolarBoy:
Poor old BLOK

[Blok] [Blok] [Blok] [Blok] [Blok] [Blok] [Blok]

I think everybody should post there favourite pic or convention sketch or panel featuring Blok

How's this?: Click for fullsize image

--------------------
And therein lies the game my hard nippled friend

From: Newcastle Australia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
But seeing as the 5YL stories can be considered non-canonical, its conceivable that Blok will return, along with his cohorts Titania, Lazon and Silver Slasher...
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I've always been firmly in the "they should've killed Shvaughn instead" camp.

One of the worst parts is that they killed him just as he was starting to seem genuinely alien.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thor2168
Cute-Baby-Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thor2168   Email thor2168         Edit/Delete Post     
Oooooohhhhh...I miss him too. He was one of my favorites along with Tellus and Wildfire. Bring them all back or I'm going to hold my breath!

--------------------
I just can't BLOK it out!

From: The land of toys and stinky diapers!!! | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KidMarvel (Bunny):
quote:
Originally posted by PolarBoy:
Poor old BLOK

[Blok] [Blok] [Blok] [Blok] [Blok] [Blok] [Blok]

How's this?: Click for fullsize image
Thats a fantastic Blok, I wish they would bring him back. (sigh)

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I just don't think the death of Shvaughn would have been enough to energize the former Legionnaires and get them to gather so quickly, as was Roxxas' plan. Sure, it would have kicked Jan where it hurt, and the implied threat of mailing her remains to the Ranzz kids might have drawn in a few more former members, but I feel it would have taken no less than the death of an actual Legionnaire to really get a big assemblage together quickly.

One of Dna's "Legionnaires in training" or whatever they were looked quite a bit like the Blok character.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Probability Pete   Email Probability Pete         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: NJ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
Neither of these are mine but they are both cool beans

-
 -

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I just don't think the death of Shvaughn would have been enough to energize the former Legionnaires and get them to gather so quickly, as was Roxxas' plan. Sure, it would have kicked Jan where it hurt, and the implied threat of mailing her remains to the Ranzz kids might have drawn in a few more former members, but I feel it would have taken no less than the death of an actual Legionnaire to really get a big assemblage together quickly.

Well, since the death of Blok didn't really achieve what he wanted it to, one would presume the death of Shvaughn wouldn't have either.

It might have been interesting if he'd killed several Legion supporting characters and/or in order lure the Legionnaires into a trap as they come after him. Imagine the impact if he'd killed R. J. Brande.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Then Cham could well be cast as the "Grim Reep-er"
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

It might have been interesting if he'd killed several Legion supporting characters and/or in order lure the Legionnaires into a trap as they come after him. Imagine the impact if he'd killed R. J. Brande.
R.J. Brande would **really** have made an impact-- maybe this is, in fact, what TMK should have done.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

The more I think about it, the more I really like the idea of Brande's murder leading to the reformation of the Legion. It just seems fitting somehow.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.