Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » If the Legion did a parody of Avengers #4(Silver Age version)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If the Legion did a parody of Avengers #4(Silver Age version)
RED-001
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED-001   Email RED-001         Edit/Delete Post     
Remeber that issue when the Avengers came across a frozen Captain America,well let's put the Legion into that role with a slight twist....
In 2965,near the Alaskan Tundra,a Legion patrol comes across a small chunk of iceberg floating strangly.Colossal Boy brings it aboard and once unthawed,it's revealed to be Superboy-frozen since 1945! Now the Boy of Steel must adjust to life in the 30th Century...!

Here are the Legionares for the roles of the parody:

LEGIONARE------------AVENGER
Ferro Lad------------Iron Man
Colossal Boy---------Giant Man
Shrinking Violet-----Wasp
Lightning Lad--------Thor
Superboy-------------Captain America

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd swap out a few:
AVENGER------------ LEGIONNAIRE
Iron Man----------- WILDFIRE: while ferro and iron is a clear parallel, I'd pick Wildfire because he and Iron Man both needed their armor as life support in some way. And they're also more similarly matched in terms of power.
Giant Man---------- Colossal Boy
Wasp--------------- Shrinking Violet
Thor--------------- M'onel: in terms of raw power I think they're more similar and while not a "god", Mon was worshipped as one.
Captain America---- Cosmic Boy: for being the "heart" of the team, the leader and inspirational backbone etc. Rokk also used those metal disks a lot, sometimes as a shield...

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I like it but I'd also swap Superboy for Mon-El. [Smile]

BTW, these little mental gymnastics of substituting heroes or other heroes (etc) was my favorite summer past time as a kid. I still find notebooks full with notes about this stuff.

Now we have a message board to do it in. [Wink]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by RED-001:

In 2965,near the Alaskan Tundra,a Legion patrol comes across a small chunk of iceberg floating strangly.Colossal Boy brings it aboard and once unthawed,it's revealed to be Superboy-frozen since 1945! Now the Boy of Steel must adjust to life in the 30th Century...!

This parody could actually grow out of recent events in the current book. A couple of issues ago Karate Kid cleared the Sydney Opera House of tons of ice and snow with one blow. The Legionnaires didn't hang around to investigate much that we saw... but maybe a frozen 20th/21st century hero or heroine could've been there.

You can't beat Superboy in the Captain America role, but I'd pick the following more subtle substitutes for the rest of the Avengers:

INVISIBLE KID for ANT-MAN
INSECT QUEEN (it'd be her debut) for WASP
COLOSSOL BOY for THOR
SUN BOY (are his parents rich this time?) for IRON MAN

with a special guest appearance by ULTRA BOY in the role of the rampaging Hulk.

Now, who'll fill the ranks of COSMIC BOY'S KOOKY QUARTET?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cosmic Boy's Kooky Quartet?

Shadow Lass for Scarlet Witch.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Cosmic Boy's Kooky Quartet

Legionnaire---------Avenger

Cosmic Boy_________Captain America Leadership role
White Witch_________Scarlet Witch quirky powers
Ultra Boy___________Quicksilver super speed plus attitude
Karate Kid__________Hawkeye non-power power

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.