Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Favorite Annual

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite Annual
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
We don't get Legion annuals anymore. I miss them. It seemed like the writers would save their best for those issues. So which annual do fondly remember the most?

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
One of those Annuals was the first L* story I ever read... apart from some SW6 Batch stories I read but never really understood the significance of.

However, once I read the Year One climax vs. White Triangle, I was hooked. I couldn't believe that there was a comic out there that actually killed its cast members.

(Of course, both 'dead' members eventually returned, but... [Wink] )

(PS Yes - I'm a Post-Boot Legionnaire...)

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Good poll Super Lad Kid but I can't vote. I can't believe you forgot LSH Annual #2, "Child of Darkness, Child of Light" with the revelation of Validus being Val Ranzz. That is my favorite annual.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! I'm kind of surprised by the leading annual right now. It's always been a favorite of mine, but I had no clue the same stood for many others when a lot of good stories came out of the annuals for the Baxter series and the later volume 2 annuals.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Good poll Super Lad Kid but I can't vote. I can't believe you forgot LSH Annual #2, "Child of Darkness, Child of Light" with the revelation of Validus being Val Ranzz. That is my favorite annual.

D'oh!! I knew I would miss something. I probably forgot it because I only have it in the Tales reprints that came a year later and not in the original Baxter. That was a good one, wasn't it?

[ August 07, 2003, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Super Lad Kid ]

From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Now that you mention it LL, that's probably my favorite as well. [Lightning Lad]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I found this to be a difficult choice. I had a hard time choosing between two:

Legion Annual 1 (the very first one), with the introduction of the new Invisible Kid and with Giffen really hitting his stride with the art,and involving the return of a classic Legion villain: Computo.

Legion Annual 3 (TMK era) for the Legion Reunion story (not the other story, bleah!). Hated the Garth has always been Proty since Adventure 312 thing, but thoroughly enjoyed the reunion of much of our cast to see "what everyone's doing".

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
i picked my 3 !!!

i'm sure you can ONE of the ones, i picked !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

bump

Last day to vote in this poll.

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, oKAY, I voted... [Big Grin]

--------------------

"Just try it, Proty!"--Kid Prime

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

'Bout time. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.