Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Deleting the Reboot (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Deleting the Reboot
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
I was just thinking, with the recent Titans deaths and the focus in JSA/JLA, is DC quietly trying to get rid of the post-ZH legion?

The post-ZH legion was last seen in Infinite crisis and since then, there's been no signs of them while other versions of the legion has been popping up everywhere.

Add that to the fact that current DCU characters with ties to the legion e.g. Connor, Bart, are being killed. It doesn't seem too rosy for the post-ZH legion now does it?

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree the ZH characters seem to be getting wiped out. First it was the Justice League International and now the Titans?

I am worried that the next Crisis will get rid of the 52 Earths? Or atleast narrow them down to a handful.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lobo Gris
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lobo Gris   Email Lobo Gris         Edit/Delete Post     
I belive that the postboot legion apear next year for the aniversary in the "Legions of 3 worlds" that superman mention in de crossover.
From: Argentina | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It would really be a shame to wipe out the reboot LSH. I know there was lots of crap, but there are some true gems there also.

We're all semi-fairly well agreed when things went to crap in a crapbucket (the Emerald Vi/Team 20 story) but even after that, there were pre-DnA goodies, like the LEGIONNAIRES try-out issue, the Ze Tongue issue that followed (well, *I* thought it was funny!), the small-town LSH issue featuring Mr. Swan, the Golden-Age LEGIONNAIRES issue... that stuff was good.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

And characters like Gates and Nara Minsork don't deserve to be whited out.

I wish there was just a way to combine all the great things about all LSH eras. But I guess that's a pipe dream.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Once I got over the shock of the fact that there *was* a reboot, I came to embrace it. Granted, not as much as the preboot, but I grew up with the preboot.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
While most of the storylines were pretty expendable, I agree that it would be a shame to lose such awesome characters as Sinde Pallor, Doro, and Kinetex!

I totally favor a giant re-mix Legion!

[ June 24, 2007, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
A re-mix Legion....

dear sir, it sounds like you're on to something there!

And I agree, Sketch. I loved the preeboot and started my Legion Reading with the 5YL stories and then BOOM Zero Hour....grumblegrumble....

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
LSH# 105 was a grab bag of Legion Eras. I quite like that issue.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

LSH REMIX: LEGIONS of Super-Heroes!

Yes, yes.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
[sigh] Maybe one day DC will decide to only worry about making me, Lash, Not-So-Bad Lad, and Sketchie happy, and stop worry about pissing off the tons of fans who would hate the remix Legion idea!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Those tons of fans SUCK! >_<

If they stand between me and a Legion with Ferro, Tenzil, Chuck, AND Gates, then they will fall.

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
I was reading Marvel's Exiles the other day where they have characters from different realities in one book. I don't see why we can't have the same for the Legion...

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Novelty:
I was reading Marvel's Exiles the other day where they have characters from different realities in one book. I don't see why we can't have the same for the Legion...

I doubt they'd do it for the Legion _specifically_, but a DC "Exiles" equivalent would be so wild...

--------------------

- Crow T. Robot

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't care for the ZH at all. But I agree with you guys that the hilight was the new characters. Wish we could see most those guys again.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.