Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Supergirl and the LSH 33 (spoilers) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Supergirl and the LSH 33 (spoilers)
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
What I didn't realize this came out this week until I checked my bag of stuff.

Tenzil comes to the rescue after the Cult of Validus gets the jump on the unfortunate Thom.

Brainy spends some time being Brainy as Lyle tries to sneak up on him. The Wanderer's Coluan Kid gets a name.

Eventually the origin of the devices controlling the Winath people is revealed to be Coluan in nature. This I buy, however can we believe the findings that the team on Winath discovered and Brainy's testimony or is it part of Brainy's plan. The easy clearing of Cos' name on the genocide charges at Mekt's expense seems too convenient.

Also we learn that Nuranal is Brainy's computer password?

Finally final panel... Wildfire on Lallor

[ August 22, 2007, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
The Coluan Kid sounds like a good name. [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Nura, would you please kick Brainy where it hurts the most? To the best of my knowledge you're non-corporeal, but you're my girl and I have every faith in you.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Anagrams reveal.

NULNARLA...

Nura L. Nal.

I wonder what the L stands for?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
Nura, would you please kick Brainy where it hurts the most? To the best of my knowledge you're non-corporeal, but you're my girl and I have every faith in you.

Well for most men the kick would be low. But for Brainy I'm sure it hurts most if she kicks him in the head.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
You guys didn't even mention the most shocking part of the book! I saw, shall we say, a certain scene, and I went, "Whuh! Holy beans!"

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
You guys didn't even mention the most shocking part of the book! I saw, shall we say, a certain scene, and I went, "Whuh! Holy beans!"

Which scene?

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad

Tenzil doing his best Chuck Taine impersonation?

or

Mekt Eater Lad?

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Matthew means the latter but I'm not certain either.

CHOMP!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
WILDFIRE BABY!!!! (let's hope they don't screw it up...)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
I think Matthew means the latter but I'm not certain either.

CHOMP!

Maybe that's the event that turns his hair white. Blood loss would drain the red right out of his hair.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Disappointing issue. Too bad because last issue was so good. I'm still enjoying Calero's unique take on the Legion. I get what is he trying to do, and appreciate the effort. Love the mood it sets.

The story went in all the wrong directions for me, though. Brainiac 5's password makes me wonder if this whole storyline is just a continuation of Waid's Nura/Brainy subplot. I lost patience with that whole dynamic half way through Waid's run. Seeing it drag out any more is just plain torture. I would much rather have seen more depth and information given to the Cult of Validus.

I'm glad to see the Wanderers go. I wasn't expecting that to be the focus of this issue, so it ended up feeling like another issue devoted to cleaning up some of Waid's mess rather than moving forward.

Tenzil didn't work this time around. Slapping a child? The big chomp? Graphic violence as comedy reflief just doesn't work for me.

Sun Boy wants to stick around. Great. But what about Terror Firma? It feels like we are moving backward.

Having the legal blame for the "Dominator genocide" shifted to Mekt seems too pat. It didn't move anything forward. The Legionnaires need to talk about how they reacted at some point. This development just seems to give another excuse for avoiding that conversation.

Off to Lallor next month. It sounds interesting. I hope it lives up to expectations.

[ August 23, 2007, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I laughed when Tenzil got Mekt's point. Out loud. At work. Tenzil mentions the Legion of Super Villains. Wildfire! Sun Boy makes a deal. It's all a good issue in my book.

Tony Bedard can write the Legion for me anytime he wants.

Dennis drew some fine pictures. The colouring seems a bit dark to me, but I still like it.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Tenzil having Mekt for desert was quite unexpected.

His escape from the Silo of Death could have been more exciting and dramatic, but his brief moment of Fatassness almost makes up for it. He should have taken a bite out of those creepy little kids, too.

I'm disappointed the Cult of Validus was a ruse and Winath is actually a pretty ordinary place, but as I suspected, Brainy appears to have set up *everything*. Let's see what was accomplished here:

In the name of Good:
- The U.P. is manipulated into dropping charges of genocide against Cosmic Boy.
- The Legion gets Sun Boy back.
- Star Boy discovers he's not a useless moron.
- Tenzil proves that cannabalism is indeed a useful super-power. (I have a feeling he'll be back.)

In the name of Evil:
- Mekt's true evil self is exposed.
- Mekt and his gang are framed for the Dominator genocide, a crime that never happened.
- The Wanderers become a Legion of Super-Villains.

Not bad for a day's work. Bedard's not only a clever writer, he knows how to move things forward.

I imagine Brainy's also involved somehow in Wildfire's attacks on the Lallor team. We get a preview of Evolvo Lad as Super-Neanderthal, too. What these crises have to do with finding Cosmic Boy is anyone's guess. Maybe he's what Alfred Hitchcock called the "McGuffin", and Brainy's true motives are larger than him.

Best line: "Now stop whining and fight like Legionnaires."

NULNARLA is an anagram of "Lunar Nal", which means of course that Nura is on the moon. [shrug]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad

Nulnara could be an anagram of Annular meaning in the shape of a ring. He's obviously forging the one ring to rule them all.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.