Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Friends of Violet - not LeVIathan (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Friends of Violet - not LeVIathan
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by deanlegion:
Oh, and we have to remember that Vi's kind of a scrapper. I mean, when she gets mad, she HITS! I imagine that being a giantess gets that message across a LOT better!

That's true. People seem to forget that Vi got into the Legion based on her fighting skills not, or at least not just, her powers. I'd rather see her using strategic size changing a lot more often, though.

Unfortunately, she seems to be getting hit a lot these days. DnA established that she could shrink faster than the eye could see, you'd think she'd be better at getting out of the way.

quote:

And heck, let's just call her VIOLET! Her codename doesn't have to tell her powers. Does ANDROMEDA, for example?

Not necessarily, but I always thought that part of the reason they had code names is so that the public could remember them easier and maybe so they could be translated into different languages. Meaningless names kind of defeat the purpose of that.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Patience is a virtue! I was rereading Arune's interview with DnA at CBR and they admitted that Vi has not gotten much focus due to other characters receiving the limelight - but that they intend to rectify that.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Lad
No-so-special Guest Star

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Just what is it with all the streak hating here? Did it mug you all and steal your lunch money or something [Wink] ? Seriously, I want to know why people seem to unanimously dislike it.
From: San Juan, Puerto Rico | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I LOVE streaking.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vodka Gobalsky:
Seriously, I want to know why people seem to unanimously dislike it.

The sence that I get from talking to other fans is that the green streak is despised mostly as it serves to remind them of the Emerald Vi story line, which seems to be universally despised?

Why was it so disliked? I think most fans feel that making Vi the one to be posessed by the Eye was a bad move creativly. One, because it was the direct result of a cop-out. When the creators had one plot in mind, and then abruptly changed it when it became clear that the fans had guessed a most of what was coming. I feel fans, in retrospect, would have preferred to have gotten the original story, which flowed naturally from the characters and held a gret deal of internal logic, over the result, which was foreced at best and effectively ruined at least one character (Kinetix) forever. I think fans would have preferred an Emerald Kinetix over the constantly changing chimera they have been given instead.

There is also the fact that the Emeral Vi story led directly into the Team 20/ Team 30 split, which also seems to be universally despised, and so reflects back on the green stripe as a painful reminder.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That, and it clashes with her eyes. [Wink]
But mainly for the reasons that Portfolio Boy gave.

--------------------

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Patience is a virtue! I was rereading Arune's interview with DnA at CBR and they admitted that Vi has not gotten much focus due to other characters receiving the limelight - but that they intend to rectify that.

Oh believe me, I made note of that when the interview came out. [Big Grin] I just wish I knew if they were taking about something they'd already written, something they were in the process of writing, or somehting they were planning to write.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.