Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » "Lemno's" ... is that supposed to be (possible spoiler, so be careful) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Lemno's" ... is that supposed to be (possible spoiler, so be careful)
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
There's a thought. I just noticed the name Klarkev while reading through the issue. Another possible reimagined character? Klark-Ev?
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Although I was one of the first posters in another thread to voice a suspicion that Lemnos might really be Mon-El, there are two flies in this particular ointment: 1) the hairstyle doesn't really look like Mon-El's (he always parted his hair to the side, didn't he?); and 2) the miscellaneous "s" in a Lemnos/Mon-El anagram (but I did like Lightning Lad's theory that the "s" would be appropriate if Mon-El had been cloned).

I'm really just playing the devil's advocate here, though, because I still think that Lennos might, indeed, be Mon-El. [Wink]

[ May 03, 2005, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Mediocre Boy ]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Mon-El immediately came to my mind when I first read the name "Lemnos". The name seems too goofy to be anything else but an anagram or a red-herring of one.

The fact that the character is a white bread humanoid also lends credence to it being Mon-El.

I enjoyed L#5, but two disappointments were that "Lemnos" is a Cosmic Boy look-alike, and T-Wolf is a Ultra-Boy/Colossal Boy lookalike. What about a white streak in the hair or sideburns for Brin? If Lemnos IS Mon-El, or not, how about a more, distinct look?

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't mind more distinctive looks, as long as they don't repeat the "shaggy DA" look.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, LEMNOS stands for

Lads
Eating
Matter
Not
Organic
Stuff

Looks like the re-imagined Matter-Eater Lad is going to be a LOT less jovial.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Clearly "Lemnos"'s being constantly bathed in dim, red light is to hide the fact that he needs to wear shades in natural sunlight!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valor SW6
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor SW6   Author's Homepage   Email Valor SW6         Edit/Delete Post     
I read this last issue yesterday, and I immediately thought of Mon-El(s).

Mark what are you doing? Bring back the phantom daxamite yesterday!!!

[ June 17, 2005, 01:47 AM: Message edited by: Valor SW6 ]

--------------------
Lar Gand: http://www.damianobrigo.it/largand.htm
Kara: http://www.damianobrigo.it/kara.htm
Dark Knight: http://www.damianobrigo.it/batman.htm

Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
I enjoyed L#5, but two disappointments were that "Lemnos" is a Cosmic Boy look-alike, and T-Wolf is a Ultra-Boy/Colossal Boy lookalike. What about a white streak in the hair or sideburns for Brin? If Lemnos IS Mon-El, or not, how about a more, distinct look?

Not that I'm against distinct looks or anything, but I hated the look T-Wolf had in the TMK-era and the reboot. I always thought it made him look a lot older than he was supposed to be. I could do without a white streak. Let's save it for Jacques. [Wink]

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.