Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » If Tenzil's powers *had* to be revamped... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If Tenzil's powers *had* to be revamped...
baycent54
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baycent54   Author's Homepage   Email baycent54         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a few possibilities:
Pig-out Kid
The Iron Belly
Mr. Appetite
Never-Late-For-Dinner Boy
The Trash Compacter
Clean-Up-Our-Mess Lad

From: Michigan | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
My yeeeeeears old idea for boosting Tenzil's powers without outright changing them was to establish that he (and all Bismollians) had "invulnerable innards" to explain his being able to digest steel and stuff.

MLLASH,

I also thought of the invulnerable digestive tract, but did not flesh (pardon the oun) it out more than that.

Bet you could make a hell of a haggis out of a bismollian.

[ June 06, 2005, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Blockade Boy ]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
My yeeeeeears old idea for boosting Tenzil's powers without outright changing them was to establish that he (and all Bismollians) had "invulnerable innards" to explain his being able to digest steel and stuff.

Agreed, though like Quislet, Esq. it seems to me that this would probably be limited to his actual eatin' and digestin' bits. Not that that couldn't save his life pretty frequently--bullets piercing his abdomen only to rebound off his stomach, and so on.

And there's all sorts of tricks he'd be able to do if his mouth and digestive tract have the strength/speed/invulnerability to eat anything up to inertron:

Bullet-catching/deflection with his teeth,
Ultra-sonic attacks via tooth-grinding,
The ability to spit through battleship armor at 1,000 yards,
The ability to suck a basketball through a garden hose (essential to romance),
A recent meal of metal/rock + tonsil-tickling = shotgun hurl!

One "all-over" power it'd make sense for him to have is invulnerability or resistance to acids, toxins, etc...since he can't properly consume such things if he has to worry about killing himself with a stray dribble.

quote:
The postboot team instead decided to give him acid spit, which I like a lot less because it might impede Tenzilnova's kissyface action.
No biggie provided he can control its secretion...and who wouldn't risk the occasional dissolved tongue for a few minutes of bliss with Tenz?

One last thought--he already has the power to identify the composition of various substances by taste, but he doesn't use it nearly as often as he ought. He could be the Legion's foremost chemical analysis device, distinguishing carbon-14 from carbon-13 with the greatest of ease thanks to his training under Bismoll's finest gourmets.

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
I know it wouldn't be popular, but if they "had to" revamp M-E Lad, I think he should be a non-humanoid with an unhingable jaw (maybe with little T-Rex type arms even). He'd be a really intimidating creature with a huge maw who you'd be afraid might *eat you!*

Hey, that could always be one of his Red Bismollite (i.e. ketchup)-induced alternate forms. "TENZIL CONSUME!"
From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by SiliconDream:

One last thought--he already has the power to identify the composition of various substances by taste, but he doesn't use it nearly as often as he ought. He could be the Legion's foremost chemical analysis device, distinguishing carbon-14 from carbon-13 with the greatest of ease thanks to his training under Bismoll's finest gourmets.

Hmm... his super-tastetesting power would make for a natural teamup with Element Lad...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
What if he took on the psycho-emotional aspects of what he ate? Eat an ice cube, turn into a frigid punk. Eat a pot of paste, become emotionally clingy. Um...I'm out of examples.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Eat jagged metal, become really edgy?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
I know it wouldn't be popular, but if they "had to" revamp M-E Lad, I think he should be a non-humanoid with an unhingable jaw (maybe with little T-Rex type arms even). He'd be a really intimidating creature with a huge maw who you'd be afraid might *eat you!*

Actually Drake i kinda like this idea.

Although I like Tenzil the idea of a M-E lad seems to be just a little too silver age to make it through to todays audience.

As Earth has a number of creatures who can do the jaw unhinging thing, most noticeably the snake family maybe instead of sensor snake we could have tenzil snake? [Wink]

Now retreats to await the bashing from Tenzil fans
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
or all fans of decency everywhere. [Big Grin]

Actually I was quite happy with the chef/attorney/lothario Tenzil. He surely had the powers of super persuasion.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baycent54
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baycent54   Author's Homepage   Email baycent54         Edit/Delete Post     
Gods help us if he EVER gets an upset stomach!
From: Michigan | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm, well, i haven't read the entire thread, so if someone has already mentioned this, i apologize, but...

What if, instead of actually chowing down, he simply absorbes mass from something he touches.

Example: in a fight, he touches a steal girder, and it starts to be physically absorbed into his body. He can only absorb so much mass before his body has to "off gas", I guess you could say. Like scuba divers that have to off gas excessive nitrogen their blood stream absorbs.

(Yes, i am aware of the jokes on the "off gassing", lol.)

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I am not a Tenzil fan but if he had to be revamped ...I liked the name he had in Spain...Devourer. Ok Devourer Lad...whatever. [Wink]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.