Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » I'm sad that Blok is dead (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm sad that Blok is dead
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Ooh, that sounds like a great idea. RJ may not have been close to every single Legionnaire, but he was like a father figure to the lot of them, and they'd all certainly feel at least some gratitude to him.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe since they were already pissing everyone off, TMK decided to forego killing R.J-- I dunno. But yeah, his murder leading to the Legion's reformation would have made quite a LSH moment.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Bah! They didn't do it because they just didn't think of it!

Of course, without R. J., we might not have ever found out what happened to Kid Quantum...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
The death of Blok was very powerful. And he was a person most the Legionnaire's really liked.

Yeah he was a favorite so it Officer Erin sounds better to me. [Smile] Or maybe Ofc Erin, RJ Brande, and one more.

But IMO Blok's death did serve it's purpose. But who cares? Bring him back!!!

Barry said the next three issues whiz by. I dont think Waid/Kitson will go with this Adv era Legion and any new additions will be brand new characters. Maybe we get some new additions in the next few. Wildfire I suspect is one...Blok I hope is the other.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
This response has nothing to do with this thread, other than to say, "Thor2168, your baby is so cute!" [Smile]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, yeah, that Moy pencilled version of Blok rocks big-time, too! [Yes]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
That Blok art rocks!

Brande dying would have been good.

The spearheads of v4 were Cham, Rokk, Brainy and Jo. But mostly Cham...so if his dad died I can see him doing the same thing reforming.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I just don't think the death of Shvaughn would have been enough to energize the former Legionnaires and get them to gather so quickly, as was Roxxas' plan. Sure, it would have kicked Jan where it hurt, and the implied threat of mailing her remains to the Ranzz kids might have drawn in a few more former members, but I feel it would have taken no less than the death of an actual Legionnaire to really get a big assemblage together quickly.

Well, since the death of Blok didn't really achieve what he wanted it to, one would presume the death of Shvaughn wouldn't have either.

It might have been interesting if he'd killed several Legion supporting characters and/or in order lure the Legionnaires into a trap as they come after him. Imagine the impact if he'd killed R. J. Brande.

They did kill several in one issue later on: Dr. Gym'll, Marella Tao, Circadia Cinius...all great characters that made me go, "WTF?!!". And this was around Terra Mosiac, one of the best parts of TMK, IMO, and I still got angry.

But the Brande thing might have worked extremely well.

Agree, Polar Boy--I want to know Blok is alive and well. It'd make me smile.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
This is my fav blok outfit

-

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.