Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion October 2007 Solicitations and Images...SPOILERS! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Legion October 2007 Solicitations and Images...SPOILERS!
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
That Brave and Bold cover looks pretty brave and bold. Man, it's a good comic.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
The Brave and the Bold cover just reminds me of how badly I want George Perez on a Legion title...

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... I just noticed that Donna has a silver lasso. Has that always been part of her costume?

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
As far as I know, this is the first time that Donna has carried a lasso since her Wonder Girl days. She had a net early on as Troia, but I don't believe that's been seen in quite some time.

It makes sense, since the other Wonders carry lassos. I wonder if it was a gift from the Monitor...

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
I LOOOVE that Calero cover! One of the best depictions EVER of these three Legionnaires and their powers.

The B&B cover is good. What a great mix of characters -- Batman, GL, Lobo, Kara, Blue Beetle and the Legion. Fun stuff! Will the B&B Supergirl know this Legion, or not? One quibble though (and no knock on Perez) -- showing Chameleon with Plas/Dibney elongated neck. Some day, someone needs to decide whether chameleon is 1) a mimic of organisms and/or objects or 2) a malleable, amorphous piece of muscled silly putty. I think the powers are different. Just me.

I can't wait for the Supergirl issue, mainly to see if the story has any coherence and/or relevance to anything. A bait and switch would be a big leap forward for this comic.

Sure is a whole lotta Legion goin' on. Is there an anniversary or something coming up? .)

I actually didn't much like the Superman on the Action cover, but Frank's art is fantastic, so no big disappointment. To me, Supes looks strung out on a controlled substance. Maybe he's all choked up about his Legion? Join the club! I am SO old-school in my Superman preferences. Ross's Kingdom Come Supes is pretty much how I always pictured him -- slightly older than 29 and barrel-chested. Doesn't have to have 'roided musculature, but he should look like he could give you one heck of a bear-hug. On the other hand, I like Batman to be lean and acrobatic, a la Rogers, Aparo and Breyfogle. I could never undertand how Frank Miller's Bats could hold himself on the batrope.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That Colossal Boy effect is really cool. I like the B&tB HC cover too.

Two Vals. Wasn't Tony Bedard doing some fill ins on Supergirl? Since he's on Countdown he should know what's coming up.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Love the Calero cover! His best one yet.

Pretty exciting previews. I didn't know Validus was in the Injustice League(orwhatever they are called).

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
And yeah two Karate Kid's is pretty cool.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Updated with full solicitation text.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Karate Kid of the present? Is that how they're labeling the Lightning Saga KK? From the solicits though, it seems to me that the 2 KKs don't actually meet.

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hasn't anyone else noticed that this solicit doesn't match this cover? Yet it seems to match the cover for the September issue (see below) and the September solicit seems more appropriate for this month's cover, since it referes to Winath. [Confused]

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
You are right, Vee. I don't know what to make of it. Has the sloppy editing migrated to the
solicits?

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah I noticed that right goo. Remains how Bedard is going to structure the issues. SOunds like he's going to have individual issues focus on a particular sub-team with them all meeting up in the finale as opposed to cutting between scenes.

Here's hoping we won't have to rip off and switch the covers to the two issues to make 'em match the contents [tease] [Wink]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
E.R.G 1 is now a walking H bomb on Lallor?

Well is Lallor is still a world almost destroyed by war that makes sense.

But

How does that tie in with Wildfire from LL Saga having the red tornadoes body?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
How does that tie in with Wildfire from LL Saga having the red tornadoes body?

Ideally, it doesn't.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.