Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The Legion of 100 Super-Heroes (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Legion of 100 Super-Heroes
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Original-recipe Dev-Em?

Oh, and Devil-Fish! Gotta have Devil-Fish.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
How come Andromeda, Atmos, Babbage, Blok, B5, Gates and Gear (amongst others) get to keep their names, but poor XS gets The Worst Name Ever, and Inferno, Thunder, Dragonmage, Kinetix and others get downgraded to bad names?

I agree with reboot in that I would prefer Kinetix, Thunder, Inferno and others keep their non-lad/lass/boy/girl/kid names.

But props on making the list and including peoplelike Babbage, Theena and others. [Big Grin] Sweet!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Lallor hero Beast Boy.

Wanderers: I nominate Quantum Queen and Re-animage because of their unique powers.

Particon and Radion, former Workforce members.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's my 100 member list
1.Absorbancy Boy
2.Andromeda
3.Blok
4.Bouncing Boy
5.Brainiac 5
6.Calamity King
7.Calorie Queen
8.Chameleon Boy
9.Chemical King
10.Chlorophyll Kid
11.Color Kid
12.Colossal Boy
13.Comet Queen
14.Computo
15.Cosmic Boy
16.Crystal Kid
17.Dawn Allen
18.Dawnstar
19.Dev-Em
20.Don Allen
21.Douglas Nolan
22.Dream Girl
23.Duplicate Boy
24.Elastic Lad
25.Element Lad
26.Evolvo Lad
27.Ferro Lad
28.Fire Lad
29.Gas Girl
30.Infectious Lass
31.Insect Queen
32.Invisible Kid I
33.Invisible Kid II
34.Karate Kid I
35.Kid Psycho
36.Lamprey
37.Laurel Kent
38.Lazon
39.Life Lass
40.Lightning Lad
41.Light Lass
42.Matter-Eater Lad
43.Mentalla
44.Molecule Master
45.Mon-El
46.Nemisis Kid
47.Neutrax
48.Night Girl
49.Nightwind
50.Phantom Girl
51.Polar Boy
52.Porcupine Pete
53.Princess Projectra
54.Psyche
55.Quake Kid
56.Quantum Queen
57.Questar
58.Quicksand
59.Quislet
60.Radiation Roy
61.Re-Animage
62.Reflecto
63.Rond Vidar
64.Saturn Girl
65.Shadow Lass
66.Shrinking Violet
67.Shvaughn Erin
68.Silver Slasher
69.Spider Girl
70.Star Boy
71.Stone Boy
72.Storm Boy
73.Sun Boy
74.Superboy
75.Supergirl
76.Tellus
77.Timber Wolf
78.Titania
79.Triplicate Girl
80.Tyr
81.Tyroc
82.Ultra Boy
83.Veilmist
84.White Witch
85.Wildfire

Darn I ran out of characters guess I'll have to compromise.

86.Kent Shakespeare
87.Celeste Rockfish
88.Devlin O'Ryan
89.Kono
90.Monica Sade
91.Catspaw
92.Dragonmage
93.Kid Quantum
94.Thunder
95.Gear
96.Gates
97.Kinetix
98.X-S
99.Shikari
100.Monstress

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
How about Hate Face? Maybe Teen Lantern, or Princess Xenobia?

[ October 28, 2007, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Matthew E ]

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
I added a few more characters, and replaced Cary Wren with Teen Lantern, who I had totally forgotten about.

Princess Xenobia might also be a good choice, but I have yet to read that issue.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MYG
Once a Legionnaire...always a Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MYG   Email MYG         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe I reviewed the lists too quickly,MYG... (Karate Kid II)?

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!!!

From: Sayreville, NJ | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
How about a new Dynamo Boy or Girl. Echo?
I like the idea of the original Wanderers, the Substitute Heroes, as well as the Heroes of Lallor joining. I would also like to see a 31st century teen New God in the mix.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
How come Andromeda, Atmos, Babbage, Blok, B5, Gates and Gear (amongst others) get to keep their names, but poor XS gets The Worst Name Ever, and Inferno, Thunder, Dragonmage, Kinetix and others get downgraded to bad names?

Ironically, I for my part always felt that XS WAS The Worst Name Ever... it was her character and crappy code-name that made me hate the Reboot instantly. Talk about a bad start - you just can't undo it...
From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
I never cared for the name "XS" either.

And I'm nominating Rainbow Girl again. She didn't just make pretty colors, guys!

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Positive Man
Negative Creature

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Positive Man   Email Positive Man         Edit/Delete Post     
That's funny, even if I think it would be unmanageable. Too many to give face time even within a weekly comic.
I've always made an analogy between the Legion's initial with it's maximum roster number: L = 50, in roman numerals, as the word and some early depictions of the assembled Legionnaires (for try outs or trials, for instance) surely evoke Roman concepts.

--------------------
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true.

From: Lisbon | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, great observation Positive Man! I never thought of "L" as a Roman numeral! A Legion of 50 would be more manageable realistically - even though the Legion of 100 is more fun - and in a weekly magazine with a second feature spotlighting each Legionnaire we'd get to "know" all of them better. Those we don't well enough, that is. [Smile]
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Positive Man
Negative Creature

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Positive Man   Email Positive Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Dain. Ever since I saw a Legion flag (with the big gold L imposed over a blue field) this analogy keeps coming to my mind.

--------------------
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true.

From: Lisbon | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dartalon
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dartalon   Email Dartalon         Edit/Delete Post     
Harlak the young Khund who apprenticed under White Witch on Sorcerer's World during the Magic Wars and later helped in the 5 yr. later Mordru attack i believe, could be a good candidate for Legionnaire or a reformed Hywyndr the Elemental, the Gil'Dishpan that attacked Braal who had control over the elements.
Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I always liked the name XS because it was simple and direct, a departure from most Legionnaire names, and a clever pun on "excess".

For that matter, Jenni herself was one of my favorite highlights of the reboot: fast-talking, innocent, cute, and a legacy hero all rolled into one. What's not to like?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.