Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion of Super-Heroes # 6 - SPOILER Discussion (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes # 6 - SPOILER Discussion
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
I know that Barry and Mark are keeping this away from the "current" continuity in the DC universe, but ...
does anyone else find it strange that Orando was destroyed as Spectre goes on a rampage to wipe out magic?

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Jorge-Em!
I'm really enjoying this book - as I'm sure you know - and I'll keep trying to improve issue on issue!
[Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MYG
Once a Legionnaire...always a Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MYG   Email MYG         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry
Do you realize that this is the first time in years that loyal Legion fans are talking about the "current" book and not about what was in the "old" days of Levitz, Giffen, etc? (although they were great). You are terrific, because you have us looking forward to the "now" and not constantly wanting for the "then". The Legion is getting better with every issue and I can only compare it to the days when I first started collecting the Legion in the early 80's!

Barry, the secret behind making the Legion work is having a creative team that really cares about the book, not someone who's here on some temporary assignment in hopes to better their career portfolio. It shows that you really do care about this book, it's characters and the fans. Thanks for being here on behalf of Legion fans everywhere!

[ May 28, 2005, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: MYG ]

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!!!

From: Sayreville, NJ | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! Thanks MYG! I can't think of a much nicer compliment to the whole team on the book! I'll be sure to pass it on to the others! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamz
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hamz   Author's Homepage   Email Hamz         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Barry,
Another fantastic issue of Legion. I agree, this is the best the book has been since the Levitz-Giffen era in the early 80s.
I have a question for you. I know that you are very busy but awhile back you said that you would get the design work for all the Legionnaire's head shots (used on the cover) posted for us to see. Any chance of that still happening? I would love to see them.
Thanks for making this long time Legion fan very excited about the book again. Take care, Cary

[ May 28, 2005, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: Hamz ]

From: NW Indiana | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
not all Legionnaire's head shots...except Atom Girl. Probably will save her as the best and last. Right, Barry? [Big Grin]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Upon rereading and contemplating...

I still think planets shouldn't be so easy to destroy. I mean, it took the destruction of the moon and massive worldwide underground explosions to do Earth in during TMK.

And though I am stll disappointed by the fact that I let the 4-page preview get me all hyped up for a badass Projectra, it isn't Projectra's fault that that wasn't to be the case here.

I think in a mere few pages the re-imagined Orando was made intresting enough to warrant exploration, but unfortuantely that isn't to be.

I do appreciate Cos being so sweet to her at the end. Can't wait to see how Jeckie develops. She's always been a favorite of mine, from her constant coma days all the way through her ass-kicking Sensor Girl days and Legion leader. I'll be watching how Projectra is treated very closely.

The Kitson/Thibert art team space-rawks!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Hi Cary - Sorry, with all the stuff I was dealing with over the last coupel of months I totally forgot about posting the headshots - I'll try to get organized with those ASAP! [Smile]

Hi Superboymddjr - THAT'S REALLY why I hadn't posted the headshots...I'm waiting till all can be shown [Wink] (I should have thought of that excuse)DOH!

Hi MLLASH - I hope you'll enjoy finding out a lot more about PP - we've only scratched the surface so far - lots of surprises to come! (is there a 'tease Graemlin?)

Thanks about the artwork!
[Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
I finish to read Legion Of Super-Heroes 6...
And Projectra looks wonderful.... but the destruction of Orando could'been in two or three issues.
So Projectra is not more a princess, or a little princess without kingdome...
A good plot for a cruel revenge.
Jeckie must be who kill Lemmos, like the old days.(Nemesis Kid Broken Neck)
The interaction Cosmic Boy, Sun Boy, Light Lass , Star Boy and Brainiac was fantatastic!
Maybe this time the intimate friend of Jeckie can be Luornu. Both lost they people, only Triplicate Girl keep her world.
Shady , Tinya and Nura look great!
But I want more Saturn Girl!
And Violet of course!

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
More thoughts on Lemnos. Very interesting villain. It does very much remind me of the Glorith/Brainy scenes (that is one of my favorite Legion stories ever...and not by Levitz..imagine that).

Also want to comment more on Terror Firma. Great name. Cool costumes. Cool villains. With Brin hiding out on their ship (must've been hard to lay low knowing they were going to destroy Orando?) can't wait to follow up on that arc.

I didn't read the original issues but the amazing Who's Who in the LOSH talked how Timberwolf sneaked into Tarik the Mute's villain gathering party(or something). Maybe this will be similiar?

Emerald Empress it seems #5 and #6 have been much more to our liking. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Upon rereading and contemplating...

I still think planets shouldn't be so easy to destroy. I mean, it took the destruction of the moon and massive worldwide underground explosions to do Earth in during TMK.

I'm not sure Orando was outright destroyed here, so much as wiped clean of life. Still, it did seem a little over the top...if Terror Incognita can do that, I don't see Brin+Garth+Imra+a few untrained kids holding them off. Unless they take a very long time to ramp up to maximum power.

quote:
I think in a mere few pages the re-imagined Orando was made intresting enough to warrant exploration, but unfortuantely that isn't to be.
A pity, certainly. OTOH if Orando and Jeckie's family were doomed by writer fiat from the beginning, it's better that we understand and regret the loss, as the characters do. Hopefully the longer-lived worlds will be made equally interesting.
From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I kind of like the idea of a villain team whose modus operandi is destroying planets (though it does appear as though they made it inhabitable, rather than blowing it up, per se), but it would have much more impact if this were in the context of a more established universe, rather than the first team of villains the Legion is facing.

[ May 28, 2005, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by techboy:
I also like the "spoiled rich girl among the common people" approach to Projectra. Hopefully her need to prove herself as a Legionnaire will give her

Cos seemed to imply that Projectra had no powers. I hope this is wrong.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I think I'm pissed because it happened to JECKIE'S planet. She always has the bad luck, from getting konked on the head with a club and put into coma to having her husband beaten to death to having her SW6 counterpart blown up to being rbooted as a giant snake. I hereby nominate PROJECTRA for the title of "hard-luck Legionnaire". Garth will have to find some other claim to fame.

Why couldn't they have destroyed Trom instead? Jan should be used to that by now.

At least it wasnt BISMOLL, I'd REALLY have been p.o.ed!

Well, there's no doubt now that the LEGION must shut down Terror Firma HARD and FAST.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Bah! Garth suffers more in the morning before Jeckie has even had her first coffee! She's the one who needs to find another act. [Wink]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.