Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Besides the founders who was the best leader? (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Besides the founders who was the best leader?
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
She wasn't the first Legionnaire to do tricks with a flght ring.
Another strong-willed Legionnaire named Cosmic Boy did it years earlier.

So even that has roots in the past.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I would question Sensor Girl's effectiveness as leader. Dispite all her diplomatic, bureaucratic, and political experience, during her term the Legion was undermined but diplomatic, bureaucratic and political forces from Earthgov. This lead to the disbanding of the Legion. She of all people should have seen this coming. Her powers revealed a talking bird coming to warn the Legion about the Magic Wars, but not the vast Dominator/Earthgov conspiracy all around her?

She was aspleep at the wheel or incompetent.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Well the bird was a creature of magic. I don't think he would've gotten involved in politics. [Wink]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
She didn't detect the bird anyway. She didn't notice it until the Computer alerted her to it. [Smile]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, seeing as how the only leaders I have actually read stuff about would be Cos, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad (I have his breakdown issues), Dream Girl and Element Lad I don't have much to choose from.

I'm going with Dream Girl. Even though most of the team thought she her term would be a joke she lead decisively and did not let their back biting get to her. She was confident even when she wasn't sure what was going on (of course part of that was her powers) but still, I think a large part of being leader is being able to make everyone else believe you have a plan.

Jan was a good leader also (most of what I own deals with his term) and originally I was leaning towards him, but he seemed to lose his composure more than Dream Girl, and although he faced bad times as well, Dream Girl performing so well under pressure in GDS gives her my vote.

also, I'm somewhat against Jan since he tried to undercut Nura's leadership and a real leader should put the good of the organization over petty wants, lead by example and all that, even if you aren't president. If I recall correctly, Nura did not do anything to undermine Jan's term and behaved more like a leader in that respect.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Nura it seemed had more patience. During the whole Atmos thing was she leader?
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
No, it was when Polar Boy was leader IIRC.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
She wasn't the first Legionnaire to do tricks with a flght ring.
Another strong-willed Legionnaire named Cosmic Boy did it years earlier.

So even that has roots in the past.

What did Cosmic Boy do with the flight ring? I don't remember him doing any kind of special tricks with it but there's a gap in my Legion knowledge that begins with the Grell era.
Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Blue, I believe its a back-up story in Grell era. Its the one where Cos can't use his powers b/c of the Braalian holiday (the infamous issue where he slaps Ayla).
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
My vote is for Invisible Kid during his run in Adventure.

I always thought it was cool he socked Ultra Boy to prevent UB from seeing who Sir Prize really was, because of a promise he made as leader. Not terribly powerful in abilities, he still commanded respect as a leader and had some other neat leadership moments (the Dark Circle invasion of earth, Otto Orion's hunt).

Invisible Kid didn't appear in the Dark Circle story except in a small one panel cameo where he's spraying up the walls of the new HQ. Seems like a menial chore for the leader imho.

Also, I don't know why everyone always insists that Ultra Boy had a 2nd term in the early Superboy backups but not Brainiac 5. UB was stated to be leader in Sup. 184, but Brainiac 5 was stated to be leader in the Blood Crystals story (can't remember the issue #). Brainy says he's the leader this month. I think Ultra Boy was also intended to be a "leader of the month" and that the writers were experimenting with a new Legion leader each month in order to give each member a chance to lead. In Sup. 190, this was apparently jettisoned, because Mon-El is shown as still being leader. He says he might crack under the pressure or another term. This implies to me that he's just coming off of his first term as leader and not that others were leader in between.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Command Kid sure whipped those Sad Sack Legionnaires into shape! [Command Kid]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.