Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Supergirl and the LSH 33 (spoilers) (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Supergirl and the LSH 33 (spoilers)
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by SiliconDream:
I adore Tenzil in this arc--best version since the Giffen run. And having his shades be so functional is a great idea. I loved the finger chomp...but then I applauded when he bit Pulsar Stargrave's nose off. It's worth occasionally emphasizing that he could be very, very dangerous if he felt like it.

I'll never stop missing Barry, but Calero's art is quite nice in most ways. The only things I really object to are his faces--everyone kind of looks like they're in the middle of giving Invisible Kid a hummer. But Nathan Eyring is doing an absolutely dynamite job on the coloring.

I'm telling you this Tenzil is based on our LASH.

If you need a Kitson fix check out the Order.

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=001779;p=7

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The Order is brillant book so far.

As far as this issue goes, it was better than the previous one, but my reaction at the end was a disappointed "so that's it?" and not a good one.

Still not a big fan of Calero's art (sorry Dennis) but it's probably the main reason why I found the issue entertaining. Very disappointing because i'm generally a big Tony bedard fan.

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I would agree that this is the best use of Tenzil (outside of Legion World) in a very long time. I hope he actually gets to join the Legion this time. The belch! The dramatic weight loss (if it were only so easy)! The chomp! The chomp!

[ROTFLMAO]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:I'm telling you this Tenzil is based on our LASH.
Absolutely! He bit my finger off last month!

quote:
If you need a Kitson fix check out the Order.

Oh, I have been.

From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
I'm telling you this Tenzil is based on our LASH.

Or possibly the other way around?
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
My biggest frustration with Mr. Waid's run was the pacing. It just seemed to take forever to get anything resloved.

Yeah, and what the heck was the real story behind Triplicate Girl's origin anyway???
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

I had to double-check, but it looks like the Wildfire that's on the cover for 34 is based on the Coipel design, but the one we see at the end of 33 is based on the classic Cockrum.... [Hmmm?]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Either one works for me. I loved Coipel design, but who can argue with Cockrum?

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
finally got this issue...hmmm.
although i liked Calero's art, it was not as strong as last ish. perhaps not enough establishing shots, or a lacking a variety of medium, close-ups, etc. the action scenes with Mekt and Sun Boy were a bit dull. a bit static. Calero with his shadowy moodiness would be a great match with Nightwing, or Batman.

when Tenzil slaps the kid, if it weren't for the sound effect i wouldn't have known he actually slapped him. When Tenzil comes out of the silo, i couldn't tell he was bloated and fat. to me it just looked like his jacket was flared out.
the room where Brainy is camped out is nicely designed but that incline to the door is not quite believable.
I enjoyed the naughty homocidal twins again (this time they were colored as twins).
i hated that Star Boy called Tenzil by "Mr. Kem". how old is Tenz supposed to be anyway? or is Star Boy just a darkie minding his place?
This issue suffered from Waid-esque lack of answers. Who was behind the Validus cult mind-control and lightning powers, and Why? i'm assuming that Brainiac is manipulating everything including the other two mission's threats. i hope we find out why.

Wildfire better not be one of the Heroes of Lallor. i hate messing with origins for no reason.

I can only hope that Brainy was being sarcastic when he said that he couldn't imagine why anyone would object to Terror Firma joining. Bedard and Calero...please address these lying psychos!
at least have saturn girl give them a brain scan to see if they are telling the truth. it's so lame. we still really have no idea how many of them are IN Sun Boy's group let alone who they are, except for Fire Chick. yet we are still supposed to give a crap if they are staying with the Legion. if they don't have flight rings are they any different than all those groupies camping outside the HQ (or is that destroyed again?) who are "invited in" and are "legionnaires" just like the main flight-ringed group?

i appreciate the cleaning up that Bedard and Calero are doing along with delivering an interesting story and showcasing some neglected legionnaires.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
One of the main things that bugged me about the art is that Star Boy's face was so often left in solid black shadow. He's not Nightcrawler after all. Give the guy a face.

And I must be just as slow as Carggy, because this plot made no sense to me. I am relieved that Mekt and the Wanderers are out of the way, so we can focus on the real Legion. I hope that Terror Firma are next on the chopping block, despite Sun Boy and Brainy's conversation about them joining up.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
"Wildfire better not be one of the Heroes of Lallor. i hate messing with origins for no reason."

It wouldn't suprise me if Wildfire is another one of Brainy's agents like Timberwolf and Vi.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
"Wildfire better not be one of the Heroes of Lallor. i hate messing with origins for no reason."

There are mutiple Legions now...they all can't be the same...what would be the point of that?

quote:

It wouldn't suprise me if Wildfire is another one of Brainy's agents like Timberwolf and Vi.

The main thing I am interested in is...how powerful will this Wildfire be...

Will he have the typical Wildire powers?

Or will he have the Erg1 powers...

Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

At least if Wildfire (or "ERG-1") turns out to be a Brainy-agent, it'd explain why he wasn't at all worried about the team at the beginning of the issue -- otherwise, I'd be a tad insulted that Brainy still gave the Lallor team a better than 75% chance of success.
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm guessing T Wolf is referring to Wildfire when he says "You didn't tell us they had an x-bomb." or something like that.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
This issue was ok, the "Mekt is behind it all thing" fell flat and I'm getting tired of the Legion having to manipulate in order to get things done. I really wanted to see more with the Cult of Validus or something.

I felt the finger chomp was awesome, in a way it was self-defense because Mekt had already threatened to fry Tenzil and Tenzil (thanks to those way cool glasses) knew Mekt was serious. I liked how Tenzil didn't back down to Mekt. Also, Mekt zapping his dad shows how evil the little jerk is, which is good, because he should be psycho, not grey area hero.

But again, the framing of Mekt (or explanation for the genocide) and the explanations in this issue just didn't work for me. For one, their "evidence" came out of nowhere, we as a reader never saw them find this stuff, they just pull it out of thin air.

However, I'm happy because in two issues we've told a story and had a resolution (even if it's somewhat weak), which is a first for this book.

As for Terror Firma, I'm thinking that that is something the new Legion creative team wants to touch on, and that's why they just haven't been jettisoned, so the new team can deal with Projectra's feelings towards them. But I do hope that was sarcasm at the end and not the Legion being complete idiots.

Oh, and also liked the lack of Supergirl.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.