Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Four Page Preview of LSH #6 (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Four Page Preview of LSH #6
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Dig Willi's space-bean bag collection! If I was a Legionnaire, I'd hang out in her room ALL the time!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
[Bodger] [Bonce]

LOVE IT!
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks to Scott for the covers. Even though I shrank them down to non-recognition. I used the covers that he posted for the comic covers.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Glad to contribute. Those have to be two of the coolest graemlins yet!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
My only concern is that if Projectra is now a sorceress in this continuity, does that make it less likely that we'll ever see Mysa?

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Dig Willi's space-bean bag collection! If I was a Legionnaire, I'd hang out in her room ALL the time!

Yep the HQ vibe reminds me of a college dorm (raging hormones and practical jokes everywhere). And willi's room is big one at the end of the hall. Plenty of room to stretch out for debauchery. The girl's rich allowance providing a plentiful supply of funky decor and high quality... uh... medicinal herbs.

Eureka the source of Orando's space wealth.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps
I'm actually the Time Trapper...shhhhhh

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
My guess is White Witch would be more likely the Princess' sister this time

--------------------
Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Phipps:
My guess is White Witch would be more likely the Princess' sister this time

Wasn't the White Witch in the throng outside the HQ? Camping out with 31st century space hippies so unbecoming.

As someone mentioned, Royal Sorceress could just be a title like "Her Royal Highness" (I tell ya' Eliabeth II doesn't look too tall on her visit to Canada today... she looks more like the Queen Mum every year).

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't believe that I'm the first person to comment on a very intriguing--and perhaps unsettling--aspect of Projectra's physical appearance: she looks a heck'uv'a lot like Glorith. That just blows me away! (For newer readers, Glorith was a very powerful foe in previous continuities who had mystically derived time powers.)

And speaking of Projectra's powers, the fact that she's referred to as a "sorceress" doesn't necessarily mean that she'll have a bunch of magical powers other than those associated with illusion casting. For one thing--in D & D type lore, at least--illusion casting is its own school of magic (and potentially a very powerful one at that). Besides, the old Jeckie derived her illusion casting powers from an inherited magical ability (the serpent version excepted, of course--her's were mentally derived, I think), and she didn't manifest a bunch of other powers.

I am hopeful, however, that she has powers of the same magnitude that she manifested the first time that she became "Sensor" rather than simply "Princess Projectra." Half of the fun then was simply in trying to pin down her abilities.

Anyway, to sum up my feelings, I loved--absolutely LOVED--the preview and can't wait for the issue to come out! And the art looked fantastic! Woo hoo!!!!!! [Big Grin]

[ May 19, 2005, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Mediocre Boy ]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Snake
Snake-fighting ... it's very scary fighting snake.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King of Snake   Email King of Snake         Edit/Delete Post     
This preview more than made up for the "Sneckie" fiasco. Let me add myself to the list of readers who is SO glad Projectra is back!!! I am loving everything I've seen so far, and can't wait for the issue to come out.

--------------------
What was I thinking about?

From: Greetings from the Underworld ... | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like yet another triumph for giving us strong, distinctive, interesting, FUN characters in the new Legion. These characters have made me realize how much we were really missing over the last decade. Almost all of the characters leap off the page with a vibrancy and individuality that brings them alive.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Mysa being Projecta's younger sister does make more sense. Infact all magic stuff going thru Orando in a somewhat nice organized manner would be fun wouldn't it? Ofcourse organization and magic don't really flow together.

I think the Mysa panel was an easter egg and really don't mean much. But if she does show up I shall love it!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alienfish
Replicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alienfish   Author's Homepage   Email Alienfish         Edit/Delete Post     
I really do like the way the characters are deveploping. Projectra as a potential "spoiled brat" is great. Really think about it. How social and emotional wrecks we were/are as teens.
Ultra Boy= out of control jock but thinks he is in control.
Brainiac= brain that thinks he knows everthing and has a fit if things don't fit his reality.
Projectra= poor little rich girl.

Barry's art kick's. I can't wait to get this issue.

--------------------
Whatta ya gonna do? Bleed on me?

From: Camano Island, Wa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Also, a big thumb's UP to Art's inks!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alienfish
Replicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alienfish   Author's Homepage   Email Alienfish         Edit/Delete Post     
Art is a really cool guy. I had a chance to meet him at his studio a few years back.

Did I see wrong or is he doing all the interior art for ish 9?

--------------------
Whatta ya gonna do? Bleed on me?

From: Camano Island, Wa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.