Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Supergirl and the LSH 33 (spoilers) (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Supergirl and the LSH 33 (spoilers)
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
LSH found itself at the bottom of my read pile, a place reserved for favorites (been a while since that's happened with LSH).

likes: Tenzil. The already-infamous "CHOMP!" scene shocked me at first then made me laugh. Good job, hope he comes back soon (this cannot be stressed enough!). Getting rid of the Wanderers. Hopefuly Terror Firma is next. The art. Good stuff. The cover may be one of my favorite LSH covers ever. WILDFIRE! Hooray! I at first was disappointed that Bismollians wouldn't be widely known, but than realized it's a BiiiiiG galaxy out there, so found it interesting that some planets and races remain steeped in rumour or mystery. Someone should publish an "Encyclopedia Galactica", maybe?

dislikes: The framing of Mekt. The feeling that I don't quite understand exactly what happened. "No one" will object to Terror Firma? I hope Projectra kicks all their asses.

overall assessment: It's good that some things progress (the Wanderers' exit, Tenzil appearing) and bad that I didn't quite "get" everything that happened. I can file the "bad" under 'part of a larger picture that hasn't been revealed yet', so I'm pretty happy.

grade: a solid "B".

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
I expect you'll have no problems with the Legion maintaining close ties to Terra Firma. Surely a writer can come up with stakes for them that are similar to a defeated planet and speculation about the planet's future.

On the contrary, I do have a problem with the ex-Terror Firmas, but I don't want to derail the thread with my reasoning, since it's not really pertinent to issue #33.

More to the point, I believe Brainy has a problem with them, too, and knows the Legion won't vote the ex-TFs in (Not only Projectra, but Saturn Girl, Lighting Lad and Timber Wolf, who fought them mano-a-mano on Rimworld 19), and said what he said only to convince Sun Boy to rejoin. He'll deal with them as he did the Wanderers, presumably.

As for Brainy's obscure motives, we mustn't forget he's being guided in all this by Dream Girl, who knows things about the future we don't know. The changes occuring in the arc are ones she foresees as necessary, imo.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
On the contrary, I do have a problem with the ex-Terror Firmas, but I don't want to derail the thread with my reasoning, since it's not really pertinent to issue #33.

I can't say I'm really surprised.

quote:

More to the point, I believe Brainy has a problem with them, too, and knows the Legion won't vote the ex-TFs in (Not only Projectra, but Saturn Girl, Lighting Lad and Timber Wolf, who fought them mano-a-mano on Rimworld 19), and said what he said only to convince Sun Boy to rejoin. He'll deal with them as he did the Wanderers, presumably.

As for Brainy's obscure motives, we mustn't forget he's being guided in all this by Dream Girl, who knows things about the future we don't know. The changes occuring in the arc are ones she foresees as necessary, imo.

An excellent illustration of what exhausts me about the threeboot. Instead of cool super heroes having adventures, it's super-powered bickering and manipulation. Which is also why I liked 32--with its hints at legionnaires simply dealing with a new adventure--and disliked 33--with its revelations that the "new adventure" remains mired in scheming and politics.
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by doublechinner:
There are a few of dangling plot threads here the size of modest cosmic strings:

1) What the nass happened to Lemnos?

2) What was Jeyra doing with the robot revolution and murdering people if she was a Wanderer?

3) What was the sprocking point of the events on Winath in the last 2 issues?

Arrrrghh!!!

Also:

4) What exactly happened to Orando? Was the planet destroyed ala Krypton or was the population murdered ala Trom or was just the royal family and other political and business leaders that were killed and the planet's infra-structure destroyed ala Iraq?

5) What exactly happened to Cargg? What caused the devastation and why was our Lu the only survivor, so to speak?

6) How does issue #15 fit into this 'continuity', why wasn't it included in the TPB and who was that guy at the end of the story with the 'S' curl? It seemed relevant at the time but now it doesn't seem to be 'in continuity' so what was the point of #15 finally?

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
6) #15 fits into the continuity just where you think it does: in the aftermath of Elysion's attack on Metropolis. It wasn't included in the TPB because DC is inconsiderate. The guy at the end with the S-curl was Dav Huntr, who was just another legionnaire. The point was that it was kind of a fun comic book.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
In retrospect, it would have been more interesting, post 52, if Dav Huntr had been named Rip Huntr - or maybe they're related.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
I finally read the issue last night, well... what was this all about?

Mekt being the scapegoat after all came out of nowhere - good storywriters "reep what they have sown" - but nothing was sown (or is it sewn?) about that anywhere before... Bedard is not to blame though, he couldn't have because he's only on the book for two months now. Still, a rather unsatisfying twist. And cheap as well.

Even though I liked the art - Calero has the stuff to be the next Coipiel - I really don't did the story. To be true, I digged it for the first ten pages or so - thinking "could I actually come to like this Legion incarnation..." - but the ending ruined it for me.

About the Terror Firma discussion: Who the *** is Terror Firma? Who was Lemnos? Were they not the most uninspiringly written villains in Legion history? Let them rest in peace, with Sun Boy back on the Legion the last remnants of Waids inept attempt to invent his own Legion Lore will soon be going the way of the dodo.. no new writer would touch that stuff. Bedard is the man to create a clean slate for the new team. The Legion as a galactic youth movement will probably be gone til the new writer takes over as well...

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

quote:
Originally posted by duck458:
4) What exactly happened to Orando? Was the planet destroyed ala Krypton or was the population murdered ala Trom or was just the royal family and other political and business leaders that were killed and the planet's infra-structure destroyed ala Iraq?

5) What exactly happened to Cargg? What caused the devastation and why was our Lu the only survivor, so to speak?

6) How does issue #15 fit into this 'continuity', why wasn't it included in the TPB and who was that guy at the end of the story with the 'S' curl? It seemed relevant at the time but now it doesn't seem to be 'in continuity' so what was the point of #15 finally?

4) The planet became a burning ball of fire as depicted in issue #6, after Jeckie witnessed the progressive destruction of its forests, deserts, etc. through the scry. In a more recent issue, Jeckie said to Trip that at least her sisters on Cargg are alive but her world was wiped out and she lost everybody. Little doubt as to its fate.

5) They never said. Trip herself doesn't have a clue what happened.

6) It's included with two other backup stories in the "Adult Education" TP, in a section called "Tales of the Legion of Super-Heroes". The intro says it took place when the (lower case) legionnaires regrouped after the destruction of Legion HQ. The campfire tale itself is meant to be apocryphal, of course, and (according to Stuart Moore, the writer) a homage to the past.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh!

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
I have to chime in with the chorus on that I don't have a clue what was supposed to be going on with the Winath mission. After Brainy sending the team to search for Cos (due to possible magnetic signatures there), I have no idea why Mekt was sent, how the locals got their electric powers, why they wee hostile to the mission team, or why the "Wanderers" are still poking around.

I wish we could just have a clean slate, with Mr Bedard writing new stories, not trying to mop up the current mess. These old plot threads are so tangled and convoluted, I don't even care where they're heading. Hopefully, we'll get more info on the Cult of Validus, Tenzil Kem, and some good stuff upcoming on Wildfire and focus on a few Legionnaires at a time. Forget Terror Firma, The Wanderers, & Lemnos and let's move forward.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by duck458:
quote:
Originally posted by doublechinner:
There are a few of dangling plot threads here the size of modest cosmic strings:

1) What the nass happened to Lemnos?

2) What was Jeyra doing with the robot revolution and murdering people if she was a Wanderer?

3) What was the sprocking point of the events on Winath in the last 2 issues?

Arrrrghh!!!

Also:

I'd like to know:

7) Who from the Wanderers were/are working for Tarik("the Mute"?), and who were working for Mekt. Were Mekt and Tarik working together? Was the Tarik plot line just accidentally mixed in with the Wanderers'?

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Calero
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Calero   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Calero         Edit/Delete Post     
It IS rude to point.
From: New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:

More to the point, I believe Brainy has a problem with them, too, and knows the Legion won't vote the ex-TFs in...

Naughty, naughty Trommy. It's rude to point. Have a demerit and NO sprinkles on your ice cream tonight.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

I already had ice cream with sprinkles for breakfast -- followed by chicken fingers for lunch. [Razz]
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder what flavour ice cream each Legionairre would chose....
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.