Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Early Solit for LSH #12 - Spoilers? (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Early Solit for LSH #12 - Spoilers?
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Speculation - and that's all it is - on any upcoming death scenes:

Surely the most obvious candidate for dying is Cosmic Boy's dad. We already know he's sick. I can visualize an issue in which Rokk leads the Legion to victory in whatever battle they're in, while his dad is succumbing to illness on Braal. This could lead to, for instance, Pol developing a grudge against the Legion.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
say, didn't it occur to you all that Atom Girl may be the one who's the deceased they are talking about in the flashback? Atom Girl so far has not appeared lately in the Legion ....hmmm....her dead?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Do they ever refer to her at all, Superboy? Only you can answer my query - or didn't that occur to you, either? [No]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Phantom Girl and Element Lad speak of Atom Girl in the present tense a few issues back.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, when Superboymdjr comes back online, you can tell him that, EDE
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
THAT PONY TAIL DOESN'T BELONG TO SATURN GIRL. THAT'S VIOLET BABY!

I think. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
My new speculation is that the girl being chased by the snake is actually Princess Projectra's true appearance.

Holy shades of the reboot Batman!

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Nooooooo! [AHHHH!!!!] I dont want to ever ever get bit by that snake-scenario (pre-Waid/Kitson) again. Worst idea a creative team could have! Jeckie looks better as a humanoid! [Yes]

Turning Orando from mediaeval anachronism to a Captain Carrot-esque environment (oh those poor little raccoons working down in the mines! [Mad] ) was a daring experiment which IMHO went horribly, horribly wrong [Razz]

Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Some news about issue #12 at Silverbulletcomicbooks.com
http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/news/112853146511508.htm

* LEGION OF SUPERHEROES #12

LATE-BREAKING: Stuart Moore and Ken Lashley contribute a six-page back-feature to this issue of the all-new LEGION. "I'm a big fan of what Mark Waid and Barry Kitson have done with this book, so it was an honor to be asked to contribute this," Stuart said. "THE LEGION has always featured short pieces that focus more closely on individual members, and that's the idea here. It's a little story -- the first of two -- about Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, and the whole meaning of the Legion itself."

LEGION OF SUPERHEROES #12 goes on sale November 23rd, 2005.

I'm not familiar with either man's work (all I know is that Moore is the current Firestorm writer), but I look forward to this backup story. Hope we get some preview pages soon.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks TC!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
Nooooooo! [AHHHH!!!!] I dont want to ever ever get bit by that snake-scenario (pre-Waid/Kitson) again. Worst idea a creative team could have! Jeckie looks better as a humanoid! [Yes]

Turning Orando from mediaeval anachronism to a Captain Carrot-esque environment (oh those poor little raccoons working down in the mines! [Mad] ) was a daring experiment which IMHO went horribly, horribly wrong [Razz]

as a true newbie, never collected LSH until now, I am always amazed by the longing for past characters, attitudes, villians, etc, etc.

however, the one thing that most long-time LSH readers seem to agree on not wanting to see again, are the Snake and the mine working racoons. [Smile]

was really that bad?

From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
ha ha ha ha

Oh yeah. It was really that bad.

The whole scenario featuring a permenant underclass of servants for the royalty just touched too many raw nerves in fandom. Add the fact that we were never sure if they were an economic underclass or outright slaves to the the fact that they were mammals in apparent servitude to reptiles and you get a really creepy dynamic.

That the mammals were similar to raccoons just got people completely upset at the unintentional (we hope) racial slang reference and none of it really worked out very well.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Regarding the #12 backup story, I found another snippet from Stuart Moore which sheds a little more light on it:

"It was a last-minute addition, so it wasn't in the solicitation. It's a nice little story about the philosophy of the Legion and the romance between Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl."

The bit about it being "a last-minute addition" is mighty curious, considering this is the climax of a year-long arc that has presumably been planned from the very start. Don't you think?

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Perhaps the plan changed with Barry's absence over the summer. It looks like the story spills over to issue 13 with the latest solicit.

Maybe we'll get another installment of the letters feature too.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

You'll find some additional spoilerish stuff about the Stuart Moore backup stories HERE at rec.arts.comics.dc.lsh, by a poster named Wildcard who receives Moore's e-mail newsletter:

* In the very very late-breaking news department: I've written
back-feature stories for LEGION OF SUPERHEROES #12 & 13. If you don't
remember seeing that information in the solicitations, you didn't --
that's how last-minute this was. I'm a big fan of Mark Waid & Barry
Kitson's LEGION -- hell, I've always loved the Legion -- so this was
a great little assignment.

The first story features Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl, while the
second one focuses on Dream Girl. The two issues wrap up the
exciting first-year storyline, and the back-features stand alone, but
comment subtly on the main action. On sale November 23rd and December
28th, respectively.

Will the second story be told in flashback or at her funeral, or does Dream Girl live??!

Something tells me that the first-year story arc spilled over to the 13th issue for a reason other than Barry's absence or WaK having too much material for one issue. Did they have to postpone the ending to wait for something elsewhere in the DCU to happen first? If so, what?

[ October 11, 2005, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Tromium ]

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.