Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Adventure questions (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Adventure questions
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Michael, I'm not that good at that stuff. There are a few guys here that could do it justice but I'm not one of them. Sorry.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Reading Lightning Lad's ressurection (Adv 312). Now I know where Levitz got that white dwarf star from. [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Jorg, I think you've pretty much convinced me to reread all the Shooter stories as soon as I get the chance [Big Grin] As soon as I finish Harry Potter, that is.

You know, I always thought there was a lag b/t the end of Adventure and the Action Comics back-ups, but I guess not? By lag, I mean, period where no Legion comics were published. Writing that out though, I feel like I'm wrong.

Love the Adventure #380 story!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie, there was no gap in the publishing schedule. Adv. # 380 was cover-dated May 1969. The Action series began with a reprint (of Adv. # 300) in Act. # 377, June 1969, with new stories immediately following.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Isn't the lag between their losing their spot in Action and becoming the back-up in Superboy?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

How much of a lag was that? Between Action and Superboy?
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Action # 392 was cover-dated September 1970; Superboy # 172 was cover-dated March 1971 -- so there was a lag of six months.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Stone Boy got the highest score?! He turned down membership?! Geez, I had him and Chlorophyll Kid pegged for last place. [Smile]

[ July 31, 2007, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Ultra Jorge ]

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Adv # 326. Revolt of the Girl Legionnaires.

It was really funny to see the girls dance each time they beat/kill one of the boys. I can imagine the funky sixties music in my head as I'm reading it. LOL.

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Ok, I'm back to reading the pre-Shooter Legion stuff. (in the meantime I've read the entire Y-The Last Man run and a few other things)

The Shooter stuff certainly is the best. The stuff before is cute.

Speaking of cute...Superman Emergency Squad???

Anybody care to explain these guys? I remember from covers they appeared quite a few times (didn't Supergirl have her own as well?).

What in sam hill are all those tiny Superman?!?!

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Kandorians.

There's also the Look-alike Squad (Vol-Don [Clark Kent], Sylvia [Lois Lane], Zol-Lar [Jimmy Olsen], Ti-Arra [Lana Lang], and Ar-Rone [Perry White, who was evil for a bit]). There's also Kandor's answer to Batman and Robin, the second (Clark and Jimmy were the first) Nightwing (Van-Zee) and Flamebird (Ak-Var)!

You can read about just some of their cool stories in SUPERMAN: THE BOTTLE CITY OF KANDOR TPB on sale last Wednesday (shameless plug, they should pay me for this stuff)!

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I admit I don't know much about Kandor. (though I like Waid's version recently) Thanks NC.

Adv # 328. The Command Kid issue. The leading scientist for Preztor sure looks like Celebrand. It would be cool to connect to him to there since not much was ever revealed about Celebrand.

Glad to see Command Kid was just a nice kid at the end that got possessed. [Smile]

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Some of us questioned just how nice Command Kid really was in this thread.

I hadn't picked up on the Celebrand resemblance. It would be pretty cool if there was a connection there. I like to see the galaxy a little more tightly woven than it usually is i.e. every new character from a different planet.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I agree Fat Cramer. I'm actually keeping track of all the planets listed in the Adventure Comics I'm reading. Every issue they name drop 1 to 5 planets. [Smile] It's adding up.

I would like to see a more cohesive Legion universe as well.

Just read the Dynamo Kid story. How can he NOT be the Time Trapper?! [Wink]

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Read the Computo story. Probably the best pre-Shooter story? Triplicate Girl's death though was a bit anti-climatic in the comic. It gets a great cover and it's a huge event. I guess looking back at it I expected atleast a bigger panel. [Wink]

"It's Zero Hour for the Legionnaires..." I like this Zero Hour better. [Wink]

Wierdo Legionnaire? Proty got me again! Should Proty join the Legion? Why not!

The Legion also visits the Batcave. Hmmm? Deja vu is going to happen soon.

B5: "It's an anti-matter force thing." heh.

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.