Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The All-OBSCURE Characters Thread! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The All-OBSCURE Characters Thread!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Crazy for Cosmic Boy? Love Lightning Lad? Swooning for Saturn Girl? Take it somewhere else!

THIS thread is for those who are kooky for Konk, ga-ga for Gas Girl, panting for Policy Pam and lusting for Lume! (and others of their obscure ilk!)

So... who's you all-time favorite obscure LEGION character?

And while we're at it, how does one DEFINE "Obscure" as it pertains to LEGION characters?

And why the hell does a character like Echo-Chamber Chet appeal to me?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Ahem... I get down with DoubleHeader...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll tip my nelly li'l Green Arrow cap to this topic!

Why do I like Calamity King? Probably ultimately because one of the few Adventure era stories I owned as a kid contained his try-out, so he was the natural object of all of my early "what if so-and-so joined the Legion" fantasies.

Though, strangely, I've never been a huge Color Kid fan, despite the fact that he debuted in the same issue!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I've always had a bizarre fascination with X-Bomb Betty.

Weird, I know, considering... maybe I just like things that are, uh, big. [Big Grin]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

CALORIE QUEEN! POLICY PAM! EYEFUL ETHEL!

(I think Infectious Lass had enough appearances during the 5YL stories to disqualify her from "obscure" status, but I may be biased there)

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I was wondering about Infectious Lass, too. I guess she isn't quite obscure- though to reboot-only readers she would be.

So- I'll mention Animal Lad and Gas Girl.

Mmmm- would Sean Erin qualify?

TN

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

See, the massive total of LEGION characters and the reboots make it hard to define who is and isn't obscure.

SEAN ERIN appeared in multiple issues of both LSH and LEGIONNAIRES, yet he might still qualify.

Drura appeared in multiple 5YG LSH storyarcs as well as 2 S/LSH issues. Then there's the Subs special and DC COMICS PRESENTS issue, and the VALOR issue. Yet she *still* might qualify.

Weird, huh?

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
And Calamity King has rocketed from obscurity to prominence due to the efforts of EDE at these boards.

There have been so many obscure, exotic, enchanting characters created throughout Legion history - one thing that's made the book so fascinating.

One of my favorites, seen only once I believe, is Dr. Chaseer. She worked at the Time Institute, she and B5 appeared to be interested in each other (where did they end up that night, hmmm?) and I would have liked to see that relationship develop. Enough with the bonny bouncy buxom blondes, Brainy!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Hate-Face! (that poor ugly dead bastard)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estimate Lad
Substitute Poster

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Estimate Lad   Email Estimate Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Obviously I think they should re-boot Estimate Boy as Approximo, however I'm not sure that the Secret Origin of the Subs story was ever strictly in continuity.

Just give me Spaceopoly Lad instead then. I think that's how you spell Spaceopoly...can't check as I'm at work at present.

From: Kernow | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Lad
No-so-special Guest Star

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ditto on Spaceopoly lad. Anybody who can finish every game of Spaceopoly he starts is truly a gift from the gods!
From: San Juan, Puerto Rico | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
And Calamity King has rocketed from obscurity to prominence due to the efforts of EDE at these boards.

You know... if they ever do reintroduce Calamity King, the one thing that would really put a smile on my face is if they incorporated the "Eryk" part of the name... then I'd know it was at least in part my influence...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

That would be a delightful gift to you, EDE... and your fans would be delighted also!

I hope it DOES happen!

--------------------

Papa Smurf Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Papa Smurf Lad   Email Papa Smurf Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
You've just gotta love a character like Polecat, someone who considers the ability of smelling like a skunk such an asset to humanity that he fashions himself a super hero identity based on said "talents".

Is Saturn Queen obscure enough? I only like her because Giffen drew a really cool picture of her for who's who except when she finally turned up in 5YL she was kinda lame [Frown]

--------------------
Papa Smurf Lad

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Oh, I kinda liked her during 5YL, but I think she was too easily overcome by Evillo.

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.