Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Friends of Violet - not LeVIathan (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Friends of Violet - not LeVIathan
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
With Imskian & Arachne here, it really brings home the lack of Violet we've had. I know a number of people would like to see her in some action, with more than one panel!

I would like to see her lose the name LeVIathan - DnA don't seem to use it - she could even make some speech about how she took it to honour Gim, but now she's going to honour him in some other way and be herself... and SHRINK, please!!

The word "leviathan" refers to a giant sea beast (just looked it up in my handy-dandy Webster's - because I was wondering why the political tract by Hobbes was called by that name (he was writing about massive bureaucracy; God, how I hated Gov 101)).

Back to the sea-beast - if Tellus were to join the Legion, he should be Leviathan. Or if they rewrite the Super Moby Dick of Space, that could be Leviathan. NOT VIOLET!!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Bring Violet back!!!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Agrred, although Shrinking Violet may not be the best name for someone who can also grow. And Violet alone dones not really mean anything.

How about Varalent?

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't mind her growth powers, but I would like to see her using her shrinking powers, too. And Leviathan worked okay for Gim, but not for Vi. I would be happy with her just going by "Violet." Sure, it doesn't describe her powers, but not everyone has to be a "Matter-Eater Lad" ;-)

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kid chaos

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kid chaos   Author's Homepage   Email kid chaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Obviously Vi's new codename should be Size Lass.
[Embarrassed]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estimate Lad
Substitute Poster

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Estimate Lad   Email Estimate Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Sign me up for the anti-LeViathan petition. I'm heartily sick of seeing her just hanging around legion World in her "large" state...there's no call for it off-duty really. Bring back the proper Vi I know and love.
From: Kernow | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe she could become "Little Big Girl" [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
And give her a new costume. She is such a plain jane in the dull threads she's wearing at the moment.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
More Vi! More Vi!

ahem

Vi is definitely in need of a new costume. maybe she could have a spotlight story that starts with a makeover. We could get rid of the streak that way, too. [Big Grin]

An actual story is way more important than a new costume, though.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm all for a Violet who can shrink again too!! Maybe her parents need to drop by Legion World and remind her.

Lose the LeVIathan name and the dumb green streak in her hair. You might as well call her "Elasti-Girl" since she has become a bit of a Rita Farr knockoff.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Was Rita Farr always stuck playing an extra, too? [Wink]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Queer Legion
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Queer Legion   Author's Homepage   Email Queer Legion         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
Was Rita Farr always stuck playing an extra, too? [Wink]

No, Rita was never an extra. She was an equal in the DP. (Despite the fact she was the only one to actually die.)

P.S. We need to bring back "Shrinking Violet."

--------------------
QL
http://ThePlanetaryChanceMachine.blogspot.com
ql@nc.rr.com

From: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
One of my thoughts for a name for a superhero who could both grow and shrink was INCRIMENT, but... I dunno... not very Vi-ish.

I like that she's so quiet. It makes sense for her personality and I'm among those who like that she uses her giant size. Remember, she used the shrinking ability against the holographic Atom, a bit of a while ago.

I like her Legion uniform as-is, but I always think of her with very long hair. She could even keep the straight bangs. I feel like the green streak should gradually fade away, until one day, somebody else points out to her that it's gone.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Oh, and we have to remember that Vi's kind of a scrapper. I mean, when she gets mad, she HITS! I imagine that being a giantess gets that message across a LOT better!

And heck, let's just call her VIOLET! Her codename doesn't have to tell her powers. Does ANDROMEDA, for example?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

FLUCTUATE?

Naw! That word belongs in the "Words that Make you Giggle" thread...

Nevermind! [Eek!]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.