Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » How could Umbra's powers change?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How could Umbra's powers change?
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
One presumes her powers will be restored, but will they be greater? Will she have new powers? I'm not sure what more you could do with a darkfield, besides the "now it can blot out the sun" routine - maybe add a sensation of fear to it.

And since Jeka is the fly-off-the-handle grumpy one now, will Tasmia's personality be toned down after her Talok experience? Maybe not humble (Ancestors forbid!!) but more quiet, reflective, thoughtful about others?

Now's the time for wild speculation, so when the issue comes out, you can say you told us so! (But no prizes for correct answers.)

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Before I can comment on how her powers might change, could someone clarify what her powers were before she lost them?

I understand she can project a darkfield. Does that simply mean she casts ultimate darkness rendering opponents blind? Are her dark casting powers tangible,ie. grab, hit or push people/objects?

If this is all she was capable of doing, I would like to see her darkness powers have a paralyzing effect on her opponents. I'd also like to see her warrior combatant skills beefed up and perhaps equip her with some weaponry. I'd like to see the chip off her shoulder gone and rather see her exude more of a classy but cool demeanour.

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
One thing to remember about Umbra is that underneath the attitude is a very real, fierce sense of compassion and a strongly felt, if very narrowly applied, empathy.

I'd like to see more of that-- and a bit of the practical joker we saw just a glimpse of pre-DNA...

That and the ever-improving combatant-- let her (and Nura?) train, train, train with Val.

I'd LOVE to see her hovering around the edges of social occasions trading barbs with Gates and now maybe with Sensor (what if these two end up as friends after all this time disliking each other after they joined together?).

As for powers-- it does seem that she can now will the darkfield to be solid, as in 'Dark Lantern'. Whether that will remain to be the case after #24 remains to be seen...

Maybe Tasmia'll stop off on Kathoon on her way back to the Legion and visit Lydda Jath's father... that was alway my dream for the character.

TN

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe instead of projecting the darkfield, she would be able to manipulate any shadow within a certain range of influence -- even the shadows on a person's own body (while it sounds neat, this would be one of those powers that would make her too powerful or there'd be too many instances in a team book where she could have done something but didn't only because the writers have too many characters to juggle).
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Hotpinkforce!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Maybe Tasmia'll stop off on Kathoon on her way back to the Legion and visit Lydda Jath's father... that was alway my dream for the character.

Don't 100% get this - you want her to have Night Girl's sister or something?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.