Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » What if there was no ZERO HOUR?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What if there was no ZERO HOUR?
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Can anyone point me to some good fanfic or even offer some speculation as to how the Legion would have/could have carried on without a reboot? I know there are several hurdles to rectify, like Superboy/Supergirl/Valor/Laurel Gand, but, could it have been done?

I'd like to try to write such a thing myself, but I want to base it off the info as of the Mordru/Glorith story.

I'll be re-reading the era, too. But any input would be helpful.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Dean,

My Mysterious Ways and Bolt out of the Blue stories in the Outpost are taking place as if the reboot hadn't happened. In fact, the very next storyline I'm doing will be the Glorith.

Basically, I have taken a point in time (coincidentally, right before the Crisis)and using many things that I know happened later (plus adding a few of my own).

It's not exactly what you are asking for, but it's close.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The premise of the "Beginnings" story that I'm writing (very slowly, I admit) is to suppose another five year gap rather than a reboot. Mostly I'm focusing on the children of the Legionnaires, though I have some idea of what happened to most of the older Legionnaires.

Some bits that I've revealed in the story:

--Rokk Krinn is now president of Braal
--The "Legionnaires" team (though maybe not exactly the one we all remember) disappeared during a battle with the Fatal Five (who disappeared as well)

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the replies! I'll look for the stuff you guys have mentioned. I think I'll do my research first, then ask specific questions as I go...
[Wink]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
And speaking of "Beginnings", I just added Part VII, which fill in some data on what happened to several characters, as well as featuring a guest spot by one of the posters on this board!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Brainiac 5 becomes Brainiac 6?
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
If the Legion continues without participating in Zero Hour, oh....Keith Giffen and TMK would have a big field day killing off many Legionnaires through "Operation: Hat Trick". Brr.....I am so glad that it never happened!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.