Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Mark Waid/Barry Kitson Legion relaunch? [link inside] (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Mark Waid/Barry Kitson Legion relaunch? [link inside]
Annoying Lad
Legion Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annoying Lad   Email Annoying Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
With the long running rumor of a Waid run on Legion, could he be referring to a relaunch with Kitson in this new interview?
Silver Bullet Comics interview

Here's my take on it -

I'm going to go out on a limb here. With Waid putting more pre-crisis lose back in to Superman:Birthright, and now this talk of a Waid/Kitson re-launch, I'll bet bigtime that the pre-reboot Legion will be back. Waid was the one who got rid of them after Zero Hour because of the problem the current rules gave them (no Superboy inspiration), and now Waid will bring them back.

He's a LONG TIME Legion fan, having partisipated in the LEGION apa long ago before becoming professional. He loves the Legion, and I think that with Levitz behind the idea, its as good as done.

Not to mention the return of another core pre-reboot Legion chara, Supergirl.

All the pieces fall into place....

From: Chicago burbs, IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annoying Lad
Legion Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annoying Lad   Email Annoying Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry if old but here's a Gail Simone quote from her interview on her upcoming run...

ST: Mark Waid is taking over Legion. How closely will your story arcs intersect?

GS: Very closely, though it might not seem so at first.

From: Chicago burbs, IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reservations
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reservations   Email reservations         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope it doesn't reboot. I think it will definitely change. I love Waid, and I miss the days when entire issues were dedicated to characterisation
Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I've got mixed feelings on another reboot to the past. If you look around this place, you can see I'm a bigger fan of the past (I haven't even finished all the post-boot team in smiley form yet, for instance), but throwing out continuity left and right is never a good idea. A compromise should be met. Somehow.

Thanks for the link AL, I hope Mark is talking about the Legion.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capt._dallas
Co-Creator/Writer: Omega Chase

Icon 1 posted      Profile for capt._dallas           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Annoying Lad:
With the long running rumor of a Waid run on Legion, could he be referring to a relaunch with Kitson in this new interview?
...I'll bet bigtime that the pre-reboot Legion will be back. Waid was the one who got rid of them after Zero Hour because of the problem the current rules gave them (no Superboy inspiration), and now Waid will bring them back.

I would love to see a pre-reboot Legion again, but I would be SHOCKED if DC made that move. When you think about it, returning to pre-reboot is a very desperate move, a move that would alienate anyone who is enjoying the current Legion and NOT necessarily bring back all the fans of pre-reboot Legion (the reboot happened 10 years ago now). Would a return to a pre-reboot Legion bring in NEW readers not familiar with the LSH, or further drive them away from a title that they would rightly conclude just can't decide what it wants to be?

--------------------
Omega Chase, available in stores in September: http://th3rdworld.com/comics.php

From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe all it means is that they will split off part of the team for a year or so and then kill a couple of them. Wouldn't that be grand!?
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comic Addict Lad
Paragon City Protector

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comic Addict Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Comic Addict Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
it's too late for another reboot now. They can change direction and feel without rebooting en masse.

To be honest, rebooting is an indication of poor creativity and writing skills. Anyone can start from a blank slate and re-tread old stories. its forging ahead with new ones that counts!!

--------------------
ICQ Work 8642753 | MSN: stueyross@hotmail.com | Email : stu@shadowsrest.com

From: Somewhere in the 30th Century | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
If they say "relaunch," they mean "new #1". They wouldn't be stupid enough to reboot again (or better still, DEboot. To what anyway? The 5YL stuff is as devisive as the reboot, and if you go back to pre-gap, that's FIFTEEN YEARS AGO! They are NOT going to pick up stuff as-it-was 10 or 15 years back - forget it. The closest you'd get is stuff like forcing Superboy on us to make the reboot Legion resemble the preboot more. And remember, Waid himself was the guy who hit The Button anyway.)

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
If they added Superboy to the title, would it be abbreviated SOL?
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
No, STL?
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
[QB]If they say "relaunch," they mean "new #1". They wouldn't be stupid enough to reboot again (or better still, DEboot. To what anyway? The 5YL stuff is as devisive as the reboot, and if you go back to pre-gap, that's FIFTEEN YEARS AGO! They are NOT going to pick up stuff as-it-was 10 or 15 years back - forget it. [QB]

Wouldn't they? DC is allowing Byrne to restart the Doom Partol "as it was" by WAY more than 15 years. And this despite any continuity issues that might araise from starting over from scratch inside the current DC timeline.

I should think that if Waid wanted to use his hypertime concept to just start over from the beginning again, DC just might let him....

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Who needs a reboot? Just relaunch the current characters in a new Vertigo title: Superboy and the Legion of Lecherous Super-Heroes -- SLLSH -- pronounced "slash". Lots of drinking, cursing and inter-species consorting, but with Silver Age overtones. Hell, I'd buy three copies every month. [Good]

Seriously, Gail Simone has mentioned that her arc picks up some threads left by DnA, and that Waid's arc will intersect with hers. Doesn't sound like a reboot to me.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cubicle Kid:
quote:
If they say "relaunch," they mean "new #1". They wouldn't be stupid enough to reboot again (or better still, DEboot. To what anyway? The 5YL stuff is as devisive as the reboot, and if you go back to pre-gap, that's FIFTEEN YEARS AGO! They are NOT going to pick up stuff as-it-was 10 or 15 years back - forget it.

Wouldn't they? DC is allowing Byrne to restart the Doom Partol "as it was" by WAY more than 15 years. And this despite any continuity issues that might araise from starting over from scratch inside the current DC timeline.

I should think that if Waid wanted to use his hypertime concept to just start over from the beginning again, DC just might let him....

Byrne's rebooting the Doom Patrol in the way the Legion was rebooted in 1994. From Day One - not picking up the plot threads as they were the issue before the team blew themselves up.

You're right in the sense that I forgot about that, tho. But Waid set up this Legion HIMSELF. I doubt he'd press The Button again (and remember - Gail said his issues would tie into hers, albeit in a not-immediately-obvious way. Hard to do if they've been whited-out.)

[ April 08, 2004, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
You're right in the sense that I forgot about that, tho. But Waid set up this Legion HIMSELF. I doubt he'd press The Button again

True. But I think, IIRC from past threads, that we are in general agreement that Waid's reboot generally went to hell after he left the books, around the time of the Emerald VI storyline and the resultant T20/T30 split.

Prefect resolution, Employ the Anywhere Machine to reset the Legion to when Waid before that time. Effectively, Waid picks up on the Legion precisely where he left off.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cubicle Kid:
Prefect resolution, Employ the Anywhere Machine to reset the Legion to when Waid before that time. Effectively, Waid picks up on the Legion precisely where he left off.

Why? So the characters are 14-15 years old again? Nobody wants that.

Besides, that would wipe out Legion Lost, and Waid is on record stating he liked that story very much. I doubt he'd choose to white it out.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.