Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Annual 2 - Val & Jeckie's Quickie Wedding

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Annual 2 - Val & Jeckie's Quickie Wedding
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, it was. Two panels.

I don't mind that the actual ceremony was brief, but this issue missed the mark for me.

Was that time-travel Durlan-fake-gods stuff really necessary? Granted, we got to see Dreamy in action much like in 288: thinking quick on her feet in order to buy time to work out some plan. You know Nura's my girl and I love it when she does her thing, but I'd rather have ditched this bit and concentrated on the event of the day (the one they started out in, anyway) and/or the people involved. Yes, there were snippets and bits here and there, but this was no New Teen Titans 50 (Donna's wedding).

The art: unflattering torsos. Take a look at Imra on page 6, Kara on page 7, all the boys on page 35. And then there's Nura's hair. Oy.

Ahhh, I just wish Val & Jecks had had their sendoff (that's more or less what it was) in a better story - whether they got major panel time or not.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Gawd! Is that the annual Dave Gibbons drew?

Nura's never looked crappier!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I have to admit the art wasn't all that great and the time travel ancient gods are really durlans really sucked.

I think the best scene was Timberwolf complaining that he couldn't attend the wedding.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
[Princess Projectra] [Karate Kid]
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I think that the reason for not focusing on Val and Jeckie was to show that, while bad things might happen that day, they wouldn't happen at the wedding. This wedding went off without a hitch, which was new to the Legion, but there were still bad things that could happen.

I agree with Jorg-El about the art. It was not the greatest. Didn't Dreamy look a little chunky in that issue?

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
This is was a MAJOR letdown when I finally bought it! I expected long shots of all of the Legion, everyone all dressed up with obscure LSH characters popping in, maybe even a villian attacking...

Eh. Wedding issues are more fun when they're overly sentimental (Cyclops and Jean) or a villian attacks! (Chuck and Lu, Rick and Marlo and the classic of all classics, Reed and Sue).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.