Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Dream Girl + Star Boy romance?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dream Girl + Star Boy romance?
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
i must admit i'm surprised that so many of us have jumped on board with the notion of Dream Girl and Brainiac 5 as a couple. doesn't anyone miss the traditional coupling of Dreamy with Star Boy? i remember fans screaming for Lanning and Abnett's heads when it seemed Nura didn't love Thom anymore after she dreamed his tombstone.
this current version of Nura and Thom (is it Thom?) would certainly look striking together.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm fairly new to legion lore and I don't understand a lot of the classic couplings. Thom's always been shown as a good-natured boy next door. IMO The only version of Nura that really fit his personality was narcoleptic valley girl.

The other versions were way too exotic to end up with him in the end. I think you see this in both previous boots, as she grows they have less and less in common.

Put Thom with Light Lass, She's much more down to Earth. That'd be striking too.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Traditional couplings.... Y'know, at this point, it's pretty easy to give up on hoping for those. Yes, in the last 'boot, many couplings were revisited, but many were not. This time 'round, lots of things seem really different. I can wait and see. As a big fan of Dream Girl, I want her happy and in love, etc, but it doesn't have to be with Thom. And no, we don't know if this current Starboy is indeed Thom. And no, race is not an issue.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Star Boy and Dreamer were alright together but Brainy and Nura is veritable storytelling gold!
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
At first I was resistant to a Nura/Brainy coupling, but... yeah, like S-Kid says, "GOLD". It's gonna be a sku-REEM!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm all about the Dream Girl/Brainy pairing. (It's like me and Tamper Lad. [Wink] ) Seriously, though, I just think it's hilarious how they foil each other. Fun times. ^_^ And I liked that it wasn't just the one issue either -- she asked him about going for drinks to discuss something later too. I was happy. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Not if Brainy invents a special pigmentation-facial reconstruction machine which returns Thom to the loveable doofus that Dreamy was attracted to in the first place!
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thom is still a lovable doofus.

I'll quote. "It. Didn't. Look. Like. A. Bomb."

Light Lass was shown getting friendly with him. Of course Light Lass has been shown getting friendly with everyone lately. The two of them would work well together cuz they're lovable and fun loving.

On the other hand the Dream Girl/Brainy thing is hilarious . It's like listening to that Old Time Radio show "The Bickersons". They both know the other one is right but they can't abide the logic that they used so hilarity ensues.

Can they answer the mail please. I want Brainy to take one on how Logic works on Naltor. Then Dream Girl could answer one on empiricism. Then the next two pages could be one friendly tit-for-tat.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Well Dream Girl could show a bit of tit, but Brainy might get over his "attraction to statuesque blondes" thing and hook up with a green Orion nymphet instead...
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I wouldn't mind Thom with Triplicate Girl or Light Lass.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Thom and Light Lass would make a cute couple.

Plus, they would have the kitschy "opposite powers = attraction" schtick exhibited by such past superhero couples as Giant Man and the Wasp (until he turned out to be a wife beater) and Collossal Boy and Shrinking Violet (until she turned out to be Yera)!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
About Brainy and the blonde thing - in this version, Dreamy's hair is a little more blonde than in previous incantations.

Coincidence they are more of pairing this time around? I think not.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
About Star Boy -- he seems a little too "starry eyed" and naive to fit well with Dreamy's deep personna. He reminds me of XS iinthe last version when she started out. Light Lass is a better fit for him here.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Aye I agree with Light Lass as well.

Good example of cute couples Shadow Kid. Hopefully these fair better. Oppossites attract even though it's a bit corny I like Waid's use of both characters much! Hopefully they get together.

Something to raise an eyebrow though? I hope Thom doesn't get a non-white girl...like Shadow Lass, etc. The character turns black and suddenly doesn't get the platinum blonde anymore and all of that. Light Lass would be perfect cause he gets the red head. [Wink]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.