Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » NURA'S ALIVE! Explain how. (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: NURA'S ALIVE! Explain how.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
My theory is:

Naltorians have a natural ability to go into deathlike comas when involved in severe trauma like buildings exploding. These comas, which involve the shutting down of the heart and respiratory system, usually last for 2-3 issues.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Would this be an attempt to get out of your "I'll stop buying Waid's LSH if she's dead" thing?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
No. See my post in the SPOLIERS thread. I'm still aware of that, and still intend to.

Unless...

SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
No. See my post in the SPOLIERS thread.

Nah, don't really want spoiled. I only saw that pledge in the first place 'cause it was on the MMB and this thread 'cause it was in the bit left of the shoutbox [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't let me hear you say life's taking you nowhere, angel
Come get up my baby
Look at that sky, life's begun
Nights are warm and the days are young
Come get up my baby

There's my baby, lost that's all
Once I'm begging you save her little soul
Come get up my baby

Last night they loved you, opening doors and pulling some strings, angel
Come get up my baby
In walked luck and you looked in time
Never look back, walk tall, act fine
Come get up my baby

I'll stick with you baby for a thousand years
Nothing's gonna touch you in these golden years,
Come get up my baby

Some of these days, and it won't be long
Gonna drive back down where you once belonged
In the back of a dream car twenty foot long
Don't cry my sweet, don't break my heart
Doing all right, but you gotta get smart
Wish upon, wish upon, day upon day, I believe oh lord
I believe all the way
Come get up my baby

There's my baby, lost that's all
Once I'm begging you save her little soul
Golden years
Come get up my baby

Don't let me hear you say life's taking you nowhere, angel
Come get up my baby
Run for the shadows, run for the shadows
Run for the shadows in these golden years

I'll stick with you baby for a thousand years
Nothing's gonna touch you in these golden years

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
The deep sleep to recover from trauma makes the most sense. We have different definitions of death - many more abound in comics - so she may only be deceased according to whatever the monitors/scanners are measuring.

This would be better than Brainy finding some miracle cure, since it would demonstrate (to him, at least) that he doesn't know everything, that his science doesn't have all the answers.

TD's Bowie lyrics - playing now on Channel One - point to several possibilities - "in walked luck" (Luck Lords? Calamity King?) "and you looked in time" (Time Trapper?), "a dream car" (Naltorian trauma recovery?), "you gotta get smart" (Coluan/Imskian micro-surgery? too bad they had to shave her head), "run for the shadows" (a Talokian connection, obviously)...

If all else fails, Projectra could cast a permanent illusion and everyone would think she's still alive. Then Barry would have to draw her into the stories, so she'd be alive for us too, and you wouldn't have to stop buying LSH.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
She's dead, but in the interests of keeping Brainy sane and not inventing Computos, the other Legionnaires will "revive" Nura in a mock ceremony involving lightning, and replace her with Proty while Brainy is distracted. Proty will then continue to make predictions of his eventual marraige to Brainy, Brainy will allow himself to be fooled, and everyone will be happy... except for Mmlash, who will continue to buy Legion, but from small shop near the county line and under an assumed name.
Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
She has a hitherto unrevealed twin sister (not Mysa; I think she was older or younger or something). Her twin is deranged and took Nura's place days before HQ exploded. Nura is safe and well and under sedation in her sister's hospital room on Naltor.

Hey! It happens all the time in soap operas!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
She's D-E-A-D, Dead. Deal with it. Until the writers fix it.

No we're NOT there yet.

You should have thought of that before we left.

Don't make me pull this space cruiser over to the curb. You won't like it if I have to do that!

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
The "body" they discovered wasn't really her. It was just Jo's life-size Nura doll that he kept in his closet.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, please. Everyone knows this is really "Dark Nura" that was killed. The real Nura will be found at the bottom of Jamaica Bay in a few years. Either that, or it is really Proty who died.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Let's say... Moe saved her.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
Let's say... Moe saved her.

Best obscure reference of the week!!!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Would this be an attempt to get out of your "I'll stop buying Waid's LSH if she's dead" thing?

Confession: I haven't bought the book in months.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[Elastic Lad]

But it's good! Really.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.