Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Adventure questions (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Adventure questions
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
So I started reading Jim Shooter's Legion in Adventure Comics. Started with #346.

Cool illusions by Projectra!

Question: Nemesis Kid is from Myar the Alchemist's planet. Have we ever seen anyone else from Myar? Do we know anything about the alchemost planet?

[ July 17, 2007, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Ultra Jorge ]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think we've seen anyone else from Myar. It seems to me it was referenced a few times 5YL, but other than that, it's pretty much an unexplored concept.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It was referenced in a text piece in Legion of Super-Heroes (4th series) Annual #6 in a list of planets of the UP. That is the only other mention of it I can think of.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

According to cmk's help file, it has some sort of connection to Sorceror's World, but I'm not sure where he gets that from.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe its based on this, from John L. Censullo's Legion Outpost II #3 (in turn based on this entry in the 2995 sourcebook: Worlds of the United Planets - Myar: Economy depressed since the loss of most magic in '89.)

MYAR
Famous Natives: Nemesis Kid (Hart Druiter).
Native Abilities: None.
History: Myar was one of the few worlds remaining in the 30th century which retained its ties to mysticism. It was on this world that a man named Hart Druiter used alchemy to give himself the ability to defeat any one foe. When the fierce and powerful Khund Empire began plans for an invasion of Earth, they hired Druiter to infiltrate the Legion of Super-Heroes as their spy. Druiter joined the Legion as Nemesis Kid. At about that same time, the United Planets learned that the Khunds were preparing a large military operation and notified the Legion. One of the Khund warlords contacted Earth and gave it one hour to surrender. Legionnaires were sent out to different locations on the Earth to protect from sabotage the three existing electro-towers, devices which could repel such an invasion force. All three towers were destroyed and the Khunds attacked. One of the towers turned out to be a decoy and the real, remaining tower blasted the Khund fleet. Nemesis Kid was discovered to be the traitor but was able to escape. The planet Myar suffered greatly following the Magic Wars.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
See that is what I love about the Legion setting. There are countless opportunities. While Nemesis Kid may be dead we have a planet of alchemists to work with? that's awesome!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Also regarding the Khund's first appearance. It goes back to our recent discussions on 21st century DC using Legion aliens. In Shooter's first story they just found that Khunds exist in a far away galaxy. I like that.

Maybe the Legion should create some new (distinct!) alien that were recently discovered in the 31st century. [Smile]

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Maybe the Legion should create some new (distinct!) alien that were recently discovered in the 31st century. [Smile]

Trouble is, DC will eventually co-opt such aliens for other series, just as they did with the Khunds. [No]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Not if we have a Legion editor who cares more about the Legion than other DC comics..like Gary or Scott. [Wink]
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Even the most caring and dedicated editors eventually move on or get fired for one reason or another.

(And I'll stop there before my cynical side takes completely over. [Evil] )

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Adventure #348. So this is the origin of Sun Boy and Dr. Regulus? We've never seen the origin of Sun Boy before?

Kind of cool when you take a look at the v4 #28. I have to go reread that now.

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Just read #349 the first Universo. Hmm, well it was all right. Universo basically is that mad scientist hypnotist guy. Rond Vidar sure was exciting and him being Universo's son made it dramatic. But from reading this I would've never guessed he would become a classic villain. I certainly like him being from Titan versus a former GL but ohwell.
Eryk Davis Ester

I've always thought the Regulus story and the first Universo story are two of Shooter's weakest, though the Universo story deserves props for at least sending the Legionnaires to times other than the twentieth century.

And I've never really understood the appeal of Universo as a villain. He's probably the most overused relative to how interesting he is. The second Universo story is pretty much a classic, however. More for the Legion's role in it than because Universo is cool, however.

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I agree EDE. The highlight for me was Rond. Universo is pretty weak. I liked the story with him in the Baxter series and while I liked he new new origin in the ZH Legion...I don't think he's all that. No Universo for a looong time...but please...use Rond. [Smile]
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Wow, in # 350 Cham breaks the 4th wall and sends a message to Spider-Man and the readers. After he turns into a spider and webs a monster he states "Incase a web-headed characters thinks I'm stealing his thunder, I'd like to remind him I was changing to all sort of wierd shapes long before he walked up his first wall." I want a Cham/Spider-Man crossover now!

I can see why EDE thought Ultra Boy only had penetra-vision. That's the only power he ever uses it seems.

btw, I like Prince Evillo and the Dirty Dozen. I mean the Dirty Dozen can use some tweaking but they rock.

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.