Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Does anyone else miss.. (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Does anyone else miss..
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
a letters page? [Frown]

Or is it just me?

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
It's just you.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<------------- Big Fan of letters pages!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion letters pages in particular absolutely RAWKed--especially with Levitz and later, Tom and Mary! They ranked up there with some of the best lettercols ever!

(Remember the run of Claremont/Smith Uncanny X-Men issues (circa the 170s) where the X-Men themselves answered the letters in character? That's up there, too!)

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
I used to like the older letter pages; where readers would voice their complete thoughts and observations (like Legion World!).

The Waid letter pages that appeared a few times that were illustrated were a weak attempt at space filler - addressing editorial blunders? and were little snip-its that were basically useless.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Legion letters pages in particular absolutely RAWKed--especially with Levitz and later, Tom and Mary! They ranked up there with some of the best lettercols ever!

Agreed 100% with the addition of the 60s ADV lettercols.

So to answer 'Binger's question... yes, I miss them.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Kid Q, I would disagree with you if it weren't for the merciless lie about Bouncing Boy appearing that was told in those WaK "lettercols".

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you! I thought I was the only one who missed the letters page. Bring them back, I say, unreservedly, without hesitation.

[PhantomGirl - Animated]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Absolutely!! Let's start a letter writing campaign to get them restored!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe we should demand the return of Paul Levitz or Tom and Mary while we're at it! [Big Grin]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

Sadly, those aren't part of the archives, so I'll never know they're greatness, as I can't afford those back issues... [Frown]

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I think I read somewhere that at one of the recent Comic Conventions Dan Didio asked people what they thought of his useless DC Nation pages... and was met with cheers from the audience! [Embarrassed]

And I wonder why I don't have any other comic-reading friends (present company excluded of course)...

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
quote:

Sadly, those aren't part of the archives, so I'll never know they're greatness, as I can't afford those back issues... [Frown]
Wrong!!

CLICK HERE for ADV-era lettercol lunacy!

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I miss the interactivity of the book. Fans could submit costume ideas, or even character ideas, fans voted on Legion leader, etc. I loved that as a kid, the feeling that the fans were *part* of the creative process.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Wrong!!

CLICK HERE for ADV-era lettercol lunacy!

Just one of the many reasons EDE rawks!

I just hope Jake&Elwood return him to us safely... [choke]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.