Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Tyroc: What do we really know about him?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tyroc: What do we really know about him?
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Legion fans, it looks like I have a new player for the Legion game in the works and he expressed an interest in playing Tyroc. When he was first introduced in the 1970's his power seemed pretty random. Now he's reappearing in our new Legion comic.

I need some help defining what he can and cannot do with this power and then turn it into game mechanics. Because he seemed to be able to do whatever was needed right on the spot, there are really no guidelines that I'm aware of.

Can anyone help me out with his Power?

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
His powers have always been annoyingly vague but this should give you a start -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyroc

I love this character to bits but his powers (and now his costume and haircut) have always been the worst thing about him IMO.

In a role-playing scenario, you would definitely need to put limitations on his powers I would think. How exactly is up to you but personally, I would limit them to 'sonic force' (like Black Canary) and teleportation. Those other abilities listed enroach too much into the power-sets of the other members IMO.

I would also make him like Ultra Boy so that he can only use one of his powers at a time (which makes sense because you can't really say more than one thing at a time). And as a DM (or whatever that role is called in your game) I would play up the fact that he needs air and the ability to speak to activate his powers. Highly powerful characters need weaknesses.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.