Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Season 2 'Core 6' (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Season 2 'Core 6'
Insaniac5
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insaniac5   Email Insaniac5         Edit/Delete Post     
I too would rather see all of these characters somewhat evenly rather than a core 6. I found it very difficult to choose only 6! Anyway...
Brainiac 5-need a genius
Bouncing Boy-comedy relief, self doubting leader
Triplicate Girl-I chose her almost solely for the budding romance with BB. Other than that, there are others I'd rather see.
Saturn Girl-A telepath is very useful, plus I've always had a thing for her.
Lightning Lad-I liked the character, the way he razzed Superboy, and his rivalry with Cosmic Boy.
Phantom Girl-I LOVE Phantom Girl! Plus, I like the spoiled teenager character they've created.
I'd choose Star Boy over Tyroc if we want to add diversity to the crew. M-E Lad does give good comedy relief, but I just can't see him being very useful on most missions.

From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insaniac5
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insaniac5   Email Insaniac5         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, I see that Bouncing Boy is winning, and his girlfriend is second! Who says Legion fans aren't romantic? ;-)

[ July 25, 2007, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Insaniac5 ]

From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
OK - With a week to go until this Poll expires it's time to check in and see how everyone's favourites are doing.

But first - Thanks so much to everyone who has voted so far.

At last count we've had a whopping *56 MEMBERS* cast their ballots... which I believe is a really good turn-out for Legion World!

That still leaves another 1179 members who are yet to vote though, so if you haven't yet chosen who you'd like to see star in Season 2 - now's your chance!

Here's a bit of a breakdown to show you how the results are looking so far -

* The results so far really interestingly split the team into 2 roughly equal halves - with one half of the members clearly outdistancing the other half in popularity votes.

* Bouncing Boy is still in the lead, followed by Brainiac 5 and Triplicate Girl, and then Dream Girl and Shrinking Violet, meaning that the Top 5 vote-getters have been almost perfectly consistent since the moment this Poll began.

* Dream Girl and Shrinking Violet's popularity still surprises me considering how little screen time they had in the first season.

* 3 characters share an equal amount of votes for the sixth spot on the team and guess who they are? Yep - Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl. Will any one of the founders get that extra vote that puts them into the coveted last spot of the Core 6?

* But even if your favourite has not been mentioned so far don't give up hope! A number of other characters are tantalisingly close to catching up with all of the above mentioneds, and if the amazing surge in popularity that characters like Blok and Phantom Girl received after their rather poor starts shows anything - it's that this is still anyone's game!

So do your duty Legion Worlders! Get out there and VOTE!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaoSalad
Funny Guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GaoSalad   Email GaoSalad         Edit/Delete Post     
Colossal Boy - He was kind of in the background for season one, and I think he could be a useful addition to the team.

Shrinking Violet - Ditto

Timber Wolf - He was the only one to have an 'origins episode' so he should be more prominantly featured.

Triplicate - I love her. Her powers are very useful.

Star Boy - He was introduced to us, so he should be used more often.

Phantom Girl - She's great, plus her mom is the reason the police layed off them for the seond half of s1... So she kind of deserves it.

Yeah I had wierd reasons for picking mine, but shhh! XD

Also - Since we know it will be set a few years after season one, Id like for season two to have an older, more confident (But still reletivly useless) Version of the Substitutes.

[ August 06, 2007, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: GaoSalad ]

From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Titan Lad
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Titan Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Mine is going to sound alot like Caliente's but that is only b/c they are some of my favorites as well lol.

Cosmic Boy- One of my favorites and his powers transition amazingly on screen.

Dream Girl- My favorite legionnaire and I would love to see more of her!

Invisible Kid- One of my favorites once again, plus his powers and brains could really help

Colossal Boy- Fun Personality and he is also a favorite of mine

Light Lass- Great Personality, and also her powers would come in handy

Bouncing Boy- He was somewhat of the break out star to me, so I would like to see him back

From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dairaioh
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dairaioh   Email Dairaioh         Edit/Delete Post     
My core 6 , other than the 2 Supermen, would be:

1. Lightning Lad (He is growing on me)
2. Saturn Girl (Shes so hot)
3. Sun Boy (Feel that the Core six need a
stronger energy wielder, besides if I remeber
correctly he was quite the loose cannon)
4. Cham (since we have to have someone new)
5. Brainey (Strategy is a must)
6. Karate Kid (Training and tactical purposes)

Wish I could add more than six. Hopefully the new season will swap members out more often.

--------------------
Jin Rai!!!

From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.