Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-related September 2009 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion-related September 2009 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
We are all forgeting that it's Brainiac 5 from Threeboot who appears on L.E.G.I.O.N, ops, R.E.B.E.L.S. So apparently, things are still a bit confusing to figure out.

Not at all. the Brainy in R.E.B.E.L.S. is an avatar planted in Supergirl's brain when she was with the threeboots. It is history as far as the ongoing Legion (or any legion) is concerned.
From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
quote:
We are all forgeting that it's Brainiac 5 from Threeboot who appears on L.E.G.I.O.N, ops, R.E.B.E.L.S. So apparently, things are still a bit confusing to figure out.

Not at all. the Brainy in R.E.B.E.L.S. is an avatar planted in Supergirl's brain when she was with the threeboots. It is history as far as the ongoing Legion (or any legion) is concerned.
But it concerns the future of THAT Legion, not Johnsboot. For me, it is definitely not history. Especially because there was NO Supergirl in Johnsboot canon at that exact moment in time.
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
quote:

But it concerns the future of THAT Legion, not Johnsboot. For me, it is definitely not history. Especially because there was NO Supergirl in Johnsboot canon at that exact moment in time.
R.E.B.E.L.S, Supergirl, Superman are from the 21C of New Earth, the Johnsboot Legion is from the 31C of the same Earth.

R.E.B.E.L.S. is set in the twenty first century after Supergirl returned from the future (of what is now expected to be announced as Earth Prime). while she was in the future the Brainiac 5 of that world implanted the knowledge for his ancestor. But Supergirl returned to her world in the 21C and has passed the knowledge including the B5 image to the Vril Dox of her universe.

Long after Supergirl left that Legion, Brainy like the rest was summond to the Lo3W conflict.

[ June 14, 2009, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Silver Age Lad ]

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
R.E.B.E.L.S, Supergirl, Superman are from the 21C of New Earth, the Johnsboot Legion is from the 31C of the same Earth.

R.E.B.E.L.S. is set in the twenty first century after Supergirl returned from the future (of what is now expected to be announced as Earth Prime). while she was in the future the Brainiac 5 of that world implanted the knowledge for his ancestor. But Supergirl returned to her world in the 21C and has passed the knowledge including the B5 image to the Vril Dox of her universe.

Long after Supergirl left that Legion, Brainy like the rest was summond to the Lo3W conflict.

Agreed, except that in R.E.B.E.L.S. #1, it is pretty much the set-up that whatever was sent to Vril Dox through Supergirl, is imperative for the future of LSH Threeboot. Otherwise, it was just another wasted plot.
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad

quote:
Agreed, except that in R.E.B.E.L.S. #1, it is pretty much the set-up that whatever was sent to Vril Dox through Supergirl, is imperative for the future of LSH Threeboot. Otherwise, it was just another wasted plot.

Querl sent the data to ensure Vril's survival and the continuation of the Dox line. I can't see any other reference to the Legion's time needing saving. Vril has survived therefore Querl succeeded therefore end of plotline.

Though it does beg the question what happened to the Vril Dox that Querl was actually trying to save ie his ancestor on Earth Prime? Presumably although there is no trace in history, his DNA must have carried on for Querl to know there was no trace in history...

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Threeboot Brainy's various Time Viewers (the Action Annual, the portal that sent Kara back, etc.) all pointed to New Earth, and everyone thought it WAS their past (because form the writer's POV, it was). So it's not unreasonable to assume that Brainy saw what he thought was his ancestor in trouble and set in motion the plan to "save" his line, but really has only secured the Dox line of New Earth.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

quote:
Originally posted by rouge:
Threeboot Brainy's various Time Viewers (the Action Annual, the portal that sent Kara back, etc.) all pointed to New Earth, and everyone thought it WAS their past (because form the writer's POV, it was). So it's not unreasonable to assume that Brainy saw what he thought was his ancestor in trouble and set in motion the plan to "save" his line, but really has only secured the Dox line of New Earth.

So, where is HIS line? If he is saving "New Earth's" line, he has not saved his own (Prime Earth or whatever will be retconned)? Sorry, but I still see (again) messed up chronology.
Silver Age Lad

quote:
[So, where is HIS line? If he is saving "New Earth's" line, he has not saved his own (Prime Earth or whatever will be retconned)? Sorry, but I still see (again) messed up chronology.

Oh absolutely. The whole threeboot is on New Earth whoops now it isn't it's on Earth Prime switcheroo has totally screwed up all sorts of things. Ditto the reboots being from Earth 247. Johns has retconned Bart and Jenni's birth and transfer to Earth 247 to explain that mess. but really everything feels as logical as the old 'Pocket Universe' crap used to explain the first Crisis fiasco - especially the idea that anyone travelling from any Earth in the 31C to the 21C always end up on New Earth.

With hindsight, it would have been better if Bedard had used Superman and the New Earth Brainy. At least then it would have looked more consistant. I suspect that the whole Brainiac 5 sub-plot has already been forgotten, there's been no mention for three issues now.

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
In hindsight, the Pocket Universe was a rather elegant and simple solution to an unlooked for disasterous change.

Compared with what's happened since, anyway.
sigh

Maybe the 3boot Querl will make it through the Lo3W craziness into a staple of Johnsboot and thereby anchor some of the reality of his universe in the new universe.
Whichever universe THAT will be.
[Frown]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
. . . Loved how Krypto was frolicking flying around. [Smile]

I think Krypto's holding up the picnic table.
I think.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bottle City of Kanga
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle City of Kanga   Author's Homepage   Email Bottle City of Kanga         Edit/Delete Post     
Is everyone reading Supergirl? It's really great at the moment!

http://bottlecityofkanga.blogspot.com/2009/06/supergirl-42-lois-lane-has-nice-kitchen.html

--------------------
http://bottlecityofkanga.blogspot.com/

Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah. They've been doing a great job of keeping Supergirl interesting.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.