Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-related October 2009 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion-related October 2009 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
It's okay, that wouldn't be rude! [Smile] Anyways, I had Sun Boy in mind when I typed Star Boy.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Sun, star, poTAYto, poTAHto... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't call the whole thing off... Fire and Ice, a classic team-up.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Don't call the whole thing off... Fire and Ice, a classic team-up.

What this does tell us is that Geoff Johns isn't building to a Sun Boy sacrifice in Lo3W #5
From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I think #4 already had the big Sun Boy moment we were expecting.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
I think #4 already had the big Sun Boy moment we were expecting.

You mean three issues building up to "What he said!" Jeez.
From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Para-Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para-Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Para-Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe a few lines off Saturn Girl's face might help her expression.

So this is Superboy's first trip into the future and Brainy is already there. Is this cementing the archive miscolouring of Brainy at Superboy's induction or are they having Brainy join with Superman instead of Supergirl?

--------------------
'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com

From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
He sure does, SK!
[Smile]

And I'm not sure that I agree about the smiles on the cover of Secret Origins 2.

Who's supposed to be taking the home photo, 'cause that's what it looks like?

Superboy tries to look nervously behind him without actually turning his head.
Rokk and Imra are obviously looking at the photographer, as does Brainy, who's smirking in the background.
Garth is just kind of thinking of something else, entirely.

I find the effect charming and rather realistic, having looked similar in many holiday photos, myself.
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow!
I start a reply following SK's remark on page 1 and end up posting in the middle of page 2!
[LOL]

Lots of activity tonight!

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

quote:
Originally posted by Candle:

That's an interesting observation! I wonder if the artist had that in mind. Sometimes we see photographs of superheroes on walls, usually as a flashback device. It would be fun to see a photo of this scene in a future Legion clubhouse - and in Superman's home, or the Fortress of Solitude.

Maybe an early version of Computo took the picture. Or R.J. Brande - wouldn't he want to meet Superman?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

Silver Age Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
quote:

That's an interesting observation! I wonder if the artist had that in mind. Sometimes we see photographs of superheroes on walls, usually as a flashback device. It would be fun to see a photo of this scene in a future Legion clubhouse - and in Superman's home, or the Fortress of Solitude.

Maybe an early version of Computo took the picture. Or R.J. Brande - wouldn't he want to meet Superman?

If it's a group photo, where are the others - Tinya, Luornu, Gim etc.

Given what we know about Lu's crush on Superboy, she should be hanging off his arm surely?

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Superboy looks so uncomfortable it's probably the first time he met them.

Geoff just added Brainy, probably as the one who meets them outside the clubhouse or something.

Lu is probably taking the picture to commemorate the great moment, Superboy meets the Legion.

--------------------

Come, join me!

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Superboy looks so uncomfortable it's probably the first time he met them.

Actually, they all look uncomfortable. The way their skin stretches over their faces when they smile makes them look like they haven't eaten in a while.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
It's probably 20th century food, they all have the smallville swishies. Superboy's super smelling is having a rough day of it.

For me, all other art being fine, Franks depiction of facial features is enough of a diversion to remove enjoyment I'd otherwise get of the books he's involved in.

There's really no dressing this up to make it seem realistic unless every depiction of every Frank character everywhere is having their photo uncomfortably taken.

Franks has decided this look is his signiture trademark and there's nothing going to move him off of that. I suspect it's just a thing. There must be a majority that find the depiction pleasurable.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
I run hot and cold on Gary Franks, but I like this cover. I kinda like the idea that Clark is nervous in the costume. I LOVE Imra's resemblance to Head 6 from BSG. And Rokk's dimples are ADORABLE! I read Garth's expression as a little bit of admiring hero worship directed at Clark. And Brainy looks like he always does, hatching a scheme.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.