Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH #11 (preview/spoilers) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: LSH #11 (preview/spoilers)
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Earth Man came in 3rd?!?!?!?!?!??

What is the world coming to?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

I like the artwork. Speaking of ice, where's Polar Boy been hiding?

--------------------

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Earth Man came in 3rd?!?!?!?!?!??

What is the world coming to?

Geez, I hope Paul writes him out of the series before the next election.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
Loved the new issue. Great scenes between Tinya and Ayla, Vi and Reep; that was cold of Vi, I wonder if the eye is having an effect on her?? And the dialogue between Dreamy & Brainiac 5 was just touching and really addressed the recent criticism of B5 and how he's being written and how upset Dreamy is concerning Star Boy/Man's condition. Great fight between Wolf and Sun Emperor.

I do think there is something strange going on concerning the covers for #11 & #12 ? The panel with Dreamy carrying Star Boy/Man is the exact pose from the cover for #12...but from a different artist. A swipe?

Whatever..it's great to be a Legion fan right now

From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the way this guy draws Brin.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brody27
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brody27           Edit/Delete Post     
It seems the writer's idea of characterization is to make Lightning Lass and Shrinking Violet shrill, angry, man haters. Great way to perpetuate inaccurate stereotypes. He really does seem stuck in some previous decade of the 20th century.(especially when you consider the "Valley Girl" Comet Queen) The Legion continues to be disjointed with too many subplots. Teamwork is really what makes the Legion work, so to focus on Timber Wolf fighting Sun Emperor solo really does miss the point of the Legion. I am looking for the urgency and cohesiveness that informed the Action series and Legion of Three Worlds.
From: Tampa, FL | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
This series is benefitting from the reduced page count. I liked the pacing and it seemed like a lot happened this issue. The art was decent enough. The scenes with Brainy and Dream Girl were exactly what I've been waiting for. And come on everyone, Nura was totally platinum the whole issue! We demanded it and we got it. Someone's been paying attention.

[ March 23, 2011, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
What was with all the lady bashing this issue? First Wildfire's comment to Tinya and Ayla and then Brainy's comment about Dawnstar. Overkill to have both in the same short issue.

Why would any of the legionnaires have voted for Brainy as leader when his attitude is so terrible?

Wouldn't Timber Wolf have to be invulnerable to withstand that flaming onslaught from Sun Emperor?

Despite all of that... I did enjoy the issue.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by The Man From Cargg:

Wouldn't Timber Wolf have to be invulnerable to withstand that flaming onslaught from Sun Emperor?

Despite all of that... I did enjoy the issue.

I did think that Sun Boy would have been more logical to be sent after Sun Killer and to fight the Emperor. That said would Brin's transsuit not activate to protect against a hostile environment thereby reducing the effects of the heat??

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Haggard Lad:

EDIT: I thought of another possibility. Maybe becoming a big target is one of his strengths because he draws fire off of the other Legionnaires.

Maybe Gim should change his codename to Blockade Boy?
[Wink]

Really though, as long as Gim has had a personality, which means from the "first" LSV story on Adventure #371-2, he's been pretty much portrayed as a well-meaning, amiable doof.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Just had time to skim read this on the way home. Lots happening, some good interaction between team mates, some nice nods to the past. And i liked the art work

One thing jarred on the first read through though was Timber Wolf defeating Sun Emperor. I mean Sun Emperor was supposed to be the evil Sun Boy equivalent. We know Dirk can melt his way through the hull of space ships and stuff, we know Dirk can be used to power a red sun. So by analogy the Emperor should be the same power levels. We’ve seen a simple kiss burn the skin of a woman’s skull And yet Brin gets away with a burnt costume???? Since when did Brin get invulnerable??

Did like the line about being human and not an animal though.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
that was cold of Vi, I wonder if the eye is having an effect on her??
Nah don't think that's the eye...i think its just normal disgust with an individual who you kidnapped and replaced and have your friends and lover not really notice or in the case of the boyfriend notice but thinks you gave your id away.

Remember what she did to Micro Lad last time they met. She punched him so hard some of his teeth left his mouth.

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

I do think it's refreshing to see opponents with dissimilar powers opposing each other, rather than the tired old Lightning Lad vs. Lightning Lord, Saturn Girl vs. Saturn Queen, Element Lad vs. Cosmic King, etc. but I also agree that T Wolf fighting a fire powered villain with his bare hands was stretching the suspension of disbelief pretty far. The transuit idea occurred to me too, but since Brin's costume was burned off, apparently he wasn't using it or it wasn't effective. Would it melt to his skin? Or is it more of a force shield?

--------------------

Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Brody27:
It seems the writer's idea of characterization is to make Lightning Lass and Shrinking Violet shrill, angry, man haters. Great way to perpetuate inaccurate stereotypes. He really does seem stuck in some previous decade of the 20th century.(especially when you consider the "Valley Girl" Comet Queen)

I think Violet was justified, in this case.

As for Comet Queen, she was created back then and not as much time has passed in the comic as in reality, so it's sensible that she's still like that. Besides, there seems to be something about her we haven't heard much about.

Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, Gim's been a doof, but his doofiness hasn't gotten people killed like it has recently, has it?

And I thought it was funny, too, that Brin says he's not an animal.
Especially with his fangs hanging out!

Brainy's 'women' comment was similar to his 'girls' comment all those years ago.
sigh
On the one hand, women shouldn't feel left out, in the Ayla exchange, on the other, Dawnstar and Nura do what they do, negatively, because they're women.
[Confused]

And maybe Brainy chose Kara because he knew their relationship would end early and impossibly.
That way, he can tell himself that he loved someone, grieve endlessly when it's convenient and go on about his business fairly undisturbed.
He's pretty frustrating.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.