Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cross over in Action 850 (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: LSH cross over in Action 850
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed the way the Legionnaires interacted in the first few pages (and in some narration boxes throughout the story).

I wonder which of the writers actually scripted these pages?

I liked the Resource Raiders reference, too, NC. Now, will they turn up in the 'home' title?

And I also caught the sentence about E-Lad that's either a revelation or a big mistake.

A clip show is exactly what this issue was, but at least it was one with a purpose-- giving Supergirl the info she's needed for a *long* time about her cousin.

I dropped Kara's title a while ago-- looks like with Bedard writing it, I may be picking it back up again.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
I will give one big kudo to this issue. Renato Guedes pencils and colors are awesome.
From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
The healthier-looking and more realistic Supergirl is a joy to behold.

I like the idea of the Legion as a framing device for a recap of New Earth Superman's backstory and a quickie tour of the Multiverse. I suspect Brainy's Chrononexus will come into play again in 'Brave and the Bold'.

It was a filler issue but a nice one.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
hmmm and what's with kara being snappy to kal in the 31st century version of herself...she seemed to be more together and deeper than she was in the 21st century or am i wrong in thinking that?

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed this story. I probably wouldn't have if it were something other than a clip-show version of Superman. As it was, they hit all the right spots.
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Do we have refrence for the Element Lad not last of his race foobar? I seem to recall something early on, in the Triplicate Girl date issue.

Of course, on the plus side, at least we know Moopsball exists in the threeboot reality.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kryptaku
Jay-El

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kryptaku   Email Kryptaku         Edit/Delete Post     
Am I the only one that didn't enjoy this issue at all? I thought it was plain awful ... and man, not that I can do better, but the art was *terrible*.
From: Maryland | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Me, I was TOTALLY into the art!

And after reading JSA CLASSIFIEDS 25, I can't WAIT for the new artist to come onboard!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Me, I was TOTALLY into the art!

Agreed! The artist rocked.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Renato draws Supergirl as a *real* young woman, not the fanboys' wet dream/heroin addict Mike Turner or Ian Churchill churn out.

Guess who's the artist for Tony Bedard's arc on Supergirl come this August?! [Bouncing Boy] Oh, Yeah! [Yes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with Pov but still have to say that, on this single issue, i am not loving this art. It might grow on me but i did find a lot of it ugly

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by wamu2:
there's one problem with that scenario, Waid has always said that this Legion is the future after IC. editors and the powers that be can always change their minds and/or deceive the readers.

also, Mon-el is here. and based on the Action Annual he is the same Mon-el that superman put in the phantom zone.

So at the moment it looks like the WaK Legion is in the true future of the DCU, and the Legion Superman used to visit as a boy is in an alternate future.

Pocket Universe Legion, perhaps?

From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I really liked the art. I thought he did a good job on facial expressions and dynamic characters.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The story was sort of a clipshow but it wasn't all that different than the Action Comics annual that came out previewing stuff that may come out in Action Comics if Johns and his Artist ever get to work again. I'd guess the future glimpses are probably from Busiek's run on Superman. What did we really expect from a fill-in for the meltdown that is Action Comics. I swear Joe at age 80+ can probably crank out more pages than both his boys combined.

I kinda liked the art. The silver and golden age homage pages were nicely done. My only complaint is that some of his faces are kinda homely especially when they're portraying certain emotions. I guess its a conscious choice by the artist. I do like that Kara is portrayed in some panels as a gawky, awkward teenager as she should be.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.