Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Adventure Comics #11/514: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Adventure Comics #11/514: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!)
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohhh! Almost forgot! I almost fell off my chair when I saw that Phlon was one of the worlds being restored. Maybe, just maybe there's hope for a return by Condo after all.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
*groan*

I look forward to some intelligent and inventive Legion stories. Let's hope this crap of a storyline gets retconned away soon.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved the ending. I wasn't sure how this whole Mon-El story was going to end up but it ended up great and on a strong note in my book.

Click Here For A Spoiler
What about the blonde Daxamite female? Is anyone familiar with her.

It's interesting because originally in the 5YG there were intended to be 3 survivors from the 20th century...one was Valor, one was Jonn Jonzz...and the other? They ended up not going that direction with her...but this development seemed similar to those original plans.

Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by kidflash2fan:
Hold up here...not even talking about Legion of superheroes history, this screws up L.E.G.I.O.N.'S

rj was the durlan to Dox. who got time displaced into the legion's time. Ren at this point has not only left durla, but has been sent to Future when Phase was shot back

That whole aspect of the L.E.G.I.O.N. was gone by Zero Hour anyway.

I forget how they ended up explaining Phase but it wasn't that she was Tinya sent back in time IIRC.

That was only true during the 5YG and before Zero Hour.

Interstingly enough though...there was a Durlan Green Lantern whose last name was Daggle in the early issues of the current Green Lantern series....

He's a member of the Green Lantern "Corpse", a secret ops division of the Green Lanterns.

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
So...why did Brainiac 5 go back the the future without the Legionnaires? Did they get back?

Robinson's books are so disjointed and purposeless that it's nauseating.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Two highlights for me:

1) The last page.

2) Legionnaire narration that isn't by Brainiac 5! Woohoo, I knew it could be done!

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
The Durla problem is that traditionally R.J./Cham are depicted as coming from Durla, which was largely a wasteland due the "six-minute war" or whatever.

The preview suggests that they actually come from "New Durla", which isn't the world destroyed by the war.

At this point, I don't even care what the background is, so long as they establish one and we get to have it around for twelve issues or so before the next big yawner of a "worlds' changing company-wide crossover," or whatever.

I dream too much, right?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Superboy:
I loved the ending. I wasn't sure how this whole Mon-El story was going to end up but it ended up great and on a strong note in my book.

Click Here For A Spoiler
What about the blonde Daxamite female? Is anyone familiar with her.

It's interesting because originally in the 5YG there were intended to be 3 survivors from the 20th century...one was Valor, one was Jonn Jonzz...and the other? They ended up not going that direction with her...but this development seemed similar to those original plans.

Dev Em was the third survivor.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
There were three Daxamite survivors. The first was Valor, the second Dev-Em, and the third was Laurel before they changed her backstory.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

I thought PC Dev-Em was from Titan. Geez the post crisis continuity is insanely confusing.

And it's not like I didn't read the comics. I read them all...every single one of them, I think that is problem.

But yeah...Laurel was supposed to be the third and they changed it.

So EDE...what was your take on the girl in this issue?

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Which Laurel?

And I say that Bedard can take care of dotREBELS.
Poof!
He changed Starhaven's history, just like that!
Poof!
He can take care of the Phase issue, if he addresses it at all.
Poof!
He can address the Durlan issue or just let it float off into mostly forgotten history.

I don't like it but, . . .

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The Titan thing was only mentioned in WWitLSH. When Dev showed up 5YL, he was "the Mad Daxamite". And, er... I think he was still supposed to have come from the 20th century? I actually don't remember the details of that.

(One can say the post-Crisis Dev was Titanian, and the Glorithverse Dev was a Daxamite, if one want to make that distinction).

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
Which Laurel?

And I say that Bedard can take care of dotREBELS.
Poof!
He changed Starhaven's history, just like that!
Poof!
He can take care of the Phase issue, if he addresses it at all.
Poof!
He can address the Durlan issue or just let it float off into mostly forgotten history.

I don't like it but, . . .

Honestly, the Phase issue is pretty easily solved...one can just use the Reboot era origin of Phase and say it involved crossing over from the reboot world to the current Earth. Ditto with the Durlan.

Oh and the Laurel was the 5YG Laurel.

Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
The Titan thing was only mentioned in WWitLSH. When Dev showed up 5YL, he was "the Mad Daxamite". And, er... I think he was still supposed to have come from the 20th century? I actually don't remember the details of that.

(One can say the post-Crisis Dev was Titanian, and the Glorithverse Dev was a Daxamite, if one want to make that distinction).

Ok I think I remember that now except I thought it was Ol-Vir....sigh.

And now that we are discussing it...what the hell is Dev-Em in this current continuity?

I know he was some cult leader in 52. He was also some entity in the Phantom Zone.

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't like Titan being a seeded world. I thought it was pretty clear before it was an Earth colony where telepathy evolved (which I admittedly thought would make an interesting tie-in with modern day Saturnians). But to have them be from a completely different race and transplanted there, in our time no less, seems like a bad idea. Sure the other seeded worlds could grow and expand over 1,00 years, but Titans in our solar system. People are just going to be too tempted to throw it in their Superman/GL/whatever stories and potentially muck it all up.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.