Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The LSH in the DC ENCYCLOPEDIA... (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The LSH in the DC ENCYCLOPEDIA...
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
SO, anyone notice the head shot for Double-Header in the Subs entry?

Which head is it? And is the other head PISSED?

Jillikers! Do you *really* want them to start?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valor the M'Onell
Anything but a marvel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor the M'Onell   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey are there anymore entries??If not I'm sad cause I enjoyed those entries specially the M'Onel one.
From: Australia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Give Gary some time. Or myself once I receive the book.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You know, that has got to be the ugliest picture of Gim I've ever seen. Is he really wearing glasses or is it just a very bad coloring job?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Deathstroke Lad:
You know, that has got to be the ugliest picture of Gim I've ever seen. Is he really wearing glasses or is it just a very bad coloring job?

He's really wearing glasses. It's from the Planet Hell story.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Not familiar with that story. Was it in the first 25 or so issues of the previous series? I've never gone back and read those or Legionnaires even though I do have the issues.
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Not familiar with that story. Was it in the first 25 or so issues of the previous series? I've never gone back and read those or Legionnaires even though I do have the issues.

Dude, you're kidding me! The first couple of years of the reboot were the best of the entire era!! Go back and read them now! Planet Hell was early in the reboot IIRC, one of the teams first missions.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Spotted another one. Magno's role with the Legion is not "undetermined, if he has one." Dyrk joined the Science Police.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
quote:

Dude, you're kidding me! The first couple of years of the reboot were the best of the entire era!! Go back and read them now! Planet Hell was early in the reboot IIRC, one of the teams first missions.
I just wish there was at least a TPB that contained those earlier issues. Maybe I can bring my electronic copies to work and start reading them on my lunch break.
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

I think there is. Doesn't The Future of TOmorrow tpb cllect teh first few issues of the reboot?
Eryk Davis Ester

The "Beginning of Tomorrow", as I believe it's called, collects through the Planet Hell storyline, I think.

These really are the best issues of the reboot, and some of the best Legion stories ever published, imo, even if in retrospect they sowed the seeds for many of the major problems that would eventually spell the decline of the reboot.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I just picked up a copy of that about a month or so ago. I'll have to see if that story is included.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Come to think of it, shouldn't that include some of Waid's work?
Eryk Davis Ester

Yeah, Waid was at least co-plotter on all of those, and he was scripting at least one of the books at the time (maybe both, I don't remember when Peyer came on board).
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

I tend to think that, if you ook back at some of those stories, you will find themes that are likely to be re-introduced in the new era.

Chief among them, and authoritarian socirty in which the Science Police actually police the use of science.

I would expect the characterizations of many members to fall close to their early reboot counterparts.

Already we see a corrolation between the overly eager to please Colossal Boy and the overly eager to prove himself Leviathan.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.