Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The LSH in the DC ENCYCLOPEDIA... (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The LSH in the DC ENCYCLOPEDIA...
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Quick overview of the update [PART 2] -

Cosmic Boy - Updated to 3Boot version
Dark Lord - no change
Darkseid - No change except ending paragraph to "...and suffered the wrath of Superman who imprisoned him in the Source Wall for a time. The experience temporarily drained Darkseid of his Omega Effect, but despite the return of his abilities he remained unable to prevent the death of the New Gods and the end of the Fourth World."
Dream Girl - not Dreamer, image remained the same but text updated to 3boot
Ekron - new (lame origin)
Element Lad - image remained the same but text updated to 3boot
Fatal Five - images remained the same but some of the text updated to 3boot and recent appearances
Ferro - no change
Garv - removed, not in updated version
Gates - removed, not in updated version
Alien Races and Worlds - no change
Not sure if I should add Imeriex now that he played such a large role in the cartoon...no Legion mention in the Directory however
Insect Queen - no change
Invisible Kid - Updated to 3boot
Justice League of America/Justice Society of America - now with Lightning Saga mentions
Karate Kid - Updated with both 3boot and Countdown versions (image of 3boot version)
Kid Quantum I & II - "In one timeline,..."
Kinetix - no change

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Quick overview of the update [PART 3] -

Krypto - new
L.E.G.I.O.N. - same, but added to last line "Vril Dox returned as L.E.G.I.O.N. leader in time for the Rann-Thanagar War."
Legion of Substitute Heroes - no change
Legion of Super-Heroes - Majorly updated to address the reboots and articles on "The Latest Legion" and "The Lightning Saga" - Roster shows the 3boot membership and names - Wanderers also get an image and write-up
Leviathan - Image same - "In one timeline, the Legionnaire Colossal Boy is known as Leviathan...In an alternate Legion timeline, Gim Allon is a member of a race of Antarctic giants who has the ability to shrink to normal human size. He goes by the name Colossal Boy, despite his protests that 'Micro Lad' is more accurate."
Lightning Lord - image same, but updated to include Superman/Batman and 3boot versions of the character
Lightning Lad - new entry of the 3boot character, with the First Appearance, Status, Real Name, etc of Lobo's entry - proof-reading is a lost art ain't it!
Live Wire - a condensed version of the previous book
Lobo - no changes
Magno - Wow! They removed Gates, but kept this one intact, DC has some nerve!
Matter-Eating Lad! I'm not making this up folks! Gets a recap of both the original and 3boot versions - The writers deserve a raise for such high quality work
Mon-El (Valor) - not M'Onel (Valor) - Updated to the 3boot version
Monstress - image reduced, otherwise no change
Persuader - new entry, discusses the various versions
Polar Boy - Updated? "In the Legion's future, Polar Boy fought the ant-alein regime that had taken control of Earth, helping Supermanand his fellow Legionnaires despite his loss of his arm. In an alternate Legion timeline, Brek Bannin became a member of the Wanderers under the leadership of Garth Ranzz (see Lightning Lord).
Princess Projectra - new entry of both the original and the 3boot version - image 3boot
R.E.B.E.L.S. - no entry
Saturn Girl - Updated to 3boot
Saturn Queen - Based mostly on the Superman/Batman and Supergirl version
Sensor - no entry, removed
Shrinking Violet - 3boot version added to original entry

[ November 15, 2008, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Lilith was added as "Lilith." Herald (Vox) too.

I am positive in the original DC Encyclopedia, Herald had an entry there...I am sure of it. I remember comparing pages and pages, his entries and Doom Patrol entries.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^^^ Really? OK - I must've just gotten overly excited that they'd kept him in the new one that I forgot he was also in the old one. Thanks supes.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Quick overview of the update [PART 4] -

Spark - "In another timeline containing the Legion of Super-Heroes, Ayla Ranzz is known as Light Lass and possesses the ability to alter the gravity of objects. This ability is a new one, replacing her previous possession of lightning powers like those of her brother Garth."
Star Boy - Updated to include all three Star Boys. Image unchanged.
Brief mention of Starman VIII (See Star Boy) in the Starman piece.
Strata - no change
Sun Boy - new entry which lists the recent Action Comics version as the "second" Sun Boy and the 3boot as the third. Now even the writers admit they aren't the same. [Wink] Image of 3boot.
Suicide Squad features the 20th Century male Persuader as a member.
Superboy - Updated double-page spread of Kon-El.
Supergirl - did I forget to include her the first time?
Superman - Mentions that the LSH were re-instated into his history. Also, note about Superman-Prime.
Tharok - no change
Thunder - no change
Timber Wolf - no changes, including listing his first appearance as LEGION WORLDS #6. Maybe they got tired of updating towards the end? [Smile]
Time Trapper - new entry
Triad - no change, yup they gave up!
Ultra Boy - Added "Multiple versions of Ultra Boy exist in different timelines, but in nearly all of them he is Jo Nah of the planet Rimbor." Otherwise no change...lazy!
Umbra - no entry! Wait! They remove Umbra, but don't give Shadow Lass an entry. But, Thunder and Magno, etc. are still in?!? What the sprock!
Wanderers - Slightly updated to give a more vague future for the team.
White Witch - no change
Wildfire - No change beyond the First Appearance (back to the original). These writers phoned in the last few letters of the alphabet didn't they.
XS - surprise...no change!

I also want to point out that they use Francis' art work for at least the Brainiac 5 and Saturn Girl entries (maybe more), but do not credit him as an artist. For shame. Not a quality job.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.