Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-related October 2010 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Legion-related October 2010 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Since rhino is posting the cover, let's make this official...

Click for fullsize image

ADVENTURE COMICS #519
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Co-feature written by JEFF LEMIRE
Art by KEVIN SHARPE & MARLO ALQUIZA
Co-feature art by MAHMUD ASRAR & JOHN DELL
Cover by SCOTT CLARK & DAVID BEATY
In the latest "Superboy and the Legion: The Early Years," the Legion travels to the 20th century to visit Smallville rather than have Superboy head into the future. But what they find on the Kent farm is something that will haunt not only their own lives, but that of Superboy!
And in the second feature, the Colony's attacks on the Atom get even more personal!
On sale OCTOBER 13 * 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

Click for fullsize image

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #6
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art and cover by YILDIRAY CINAR & WAYNE FAUCHER
1:10 Variant cover by JIM LEE & SCOTT WILLIAMS
The first storyline ends here after issue #5's shocking last page! (Didn't see that one coming, didja?) Legion leader Cosmic Boy makes a drastic decision, that will affect the next year's worth of LEGION stories. And the quest to build up the 31st century Green Lantern Corps continues!
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale OCTOBER 20 * 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

Click for fullsize image

DC UNIVERSE LEGACIES #6
Written by LEN WEIN
Art by JERRY ORDWAY & GEORGE PEREZ with SCOTT KOLINS
Co-feature art by KEITH GIFFEN
Cover by GEORGE PEREZ
1:25 Variant cover by KEITH GIFFEN
With a Crisis barely averted, the DC Universe struggles to survive other impending invasions and catastrophic events that call for all of Earth's heroes to respond! Meanwhile, Keith Giffen takes us into the future with a legion of Legions of Super-Heroes!!
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale OCTOBER 20 * 6 of 10 * 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

Click for fullsize image

R.E.B.E.L.S #21
Written by TONY BEDARD
Art by CLAUDE ST. AUBIN & SCOTT HANNA
Cover by ALEX GARNER
In part 1 of “To Be a R.E.B.E.L.,” the clash between Vril Dox’s space cops and the Green Lantern Corps escalates to a place where war might become inevitable! And Lobo and the others never back down from a fight!
On sale OCTOBER 6 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Click for fullsize image

SUPERGIRL ANNUAL #2
Written by STERLING GATES
Art by MATT CAMP
Cover by AMY REEDER & RICHARD FRIEND
In a special story that has direct ties to the regular monthly SUPERGIRL series, the Girl of Steel visits The Legion of Super-Heroes on Halloween in the 30th century! But Halloween proves to be just as spooky a holiday a thousand years from now as it is today, because a horrible new threat has awoken thanks to Supergirl's arrival. And that horrible new threat's name is - Satan Girl! Brainiac 5 has a plan, but it may come at the cost of shattering his potential romance with Supergirl!
On sale OCTOBER 27 * 56 pg, FC, $4.99 US

Click for fullsize image

SUPERMAN: SECRET ORIGIN DELUXE EDITION HC
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art by GARY FRANK & JON SIBAL
Cover by GARY FRANK
Writer Geoff Johns and artist Gary Frank bring you a startling new look at the beginnings of Lex Luthor, The Legion of Super-Heroes, Lois Lane, Metallo, Jimmy Olsen, The Parasite and more of your favorite characters from the Superman family in this new, deluxe hardcover. Collecting the acclaimed
six-issue miniseries!
This title is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled.
Resolicit • On sale DECEMBER 1 • 224 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” $29.99 US

[ July 19, 2010, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been DYING to see Amy Reeder draw the Legion!! It's just a cover, but it's a start!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
What else has she done? I'm not familiar, although I do like the art.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... I wonder if Satan Girl will have a bare midriff in this version as well? [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
She's the regular artist on Matt Wagner's INCREDIBLE Madame Xanadu series for Vertigo.

I believe she's being moved to a mainstream title soon, but I can't remember which.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not familiar with any of Reeder's work but based on this cover I'm not too thrilled.
I will go and check out some of her other stuff though ... but I am happy to see the Legion will be featured in the Supergirl annual.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
hmmm double post...

[ July 17, 2010, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Superboy-Supergirl ]

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Updated.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-october-2010-solicitations-100719.html

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
is it me or does Imra and Tinya as well as the Lu's look like they're dancing...i dont know why but Xanadu the musical came to mind LOL

--------------------

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

uh...why do i have this feeling that its gonna be revealed that Earth Man and Shadow Lass are sleeping together...and that's the shocking last page?

--------------------

Para-Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para-Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Para-Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with you Superboy-Supergirl. I'm willing to give it a chance but its going to turn a lot of people off the series so soon. I want to see how it goes down.

That annual cover is a thing of beauty. Look at Saturn Girl there! What I like most about it though is that is both bright and soft and looks fun.

--------------------
'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com

From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

*GASP!* Is that a MALE Legionnaire in Earth Man's bed??
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't imagine DC would make that the cover if it were.

Shadow Lass sure does seem like the most obvious choice-- maybe they'll shock us and it'll be somebody else.

Jeez- does *every* issue of ADVENTURE have to be about the founders? Brainy's everywhere, too- what with the SUPERGIRL stuff.

Could we maybe have a story about Lyle or ADV. era Vi or the Subs or, I dunno, anybody *but* Garth, Rokk, Imra, Lar and Querl?

Giffen on the Legion of Legions in DC LEGACIES kind of scares me.

Good thing the main title is enjoyable on its own and features a variety of characters. Is DC giving the new readers they're courting a chance to fall in love with what we did as LSH fans? A huge variety of characters, full of unspelled-out mystery and possibility and potential? By focusing always on the founders plus 2, I don't think they are.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

It's SUN BOY!! He'll sleep with anything!!
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Superboy carrying a tractor. Awesome.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.