Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Dragon*Con '07 or Baltimore Comic-Con '07

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dragon*Con '07 or Baltimore Comic-Con '07
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone planning on going this year? I know I can't make it but if any of you are planning it, please PM me. I have a big favor to ask.

For that matter, anyone going to Baltimore in September? This favor could be done at either con.

[ August 13, 2007, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I am planning to go to Baltimore. No favor's too big for you.

What could you possibly want from Baw'mor?
 -

[ August 14, 2007, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: Lad Boy ]

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You'd think that'd be it wouldn't you? But actually no. Well, yes, but this is what I was really looking for.

This is Don Rosa, of Scrooge McDuck fame. He is scheduled for both Baltimore and Dragon*Con this year, as usual. When he has a booth he sells signed prints of cover reproductions featuring the Disney Ducks in place of the usual superheroes. Guess which one I want.

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy

Proty McDuck II?
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

You know, if Rosa drew it I'd even take a Proty. [Smile]
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you for that info LL.
I will be in Baltimore. I missed Don Rosa the last time i could see him, but i think i won't this time.
These prints seem to be fun.

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

You're welcome Querl. Rosa seems to hit Baltimore and Dragon*Con regularly. The pic above is from last year's Dragon*Con and his booth really hasn't changed much since at least 2003. So I'm really hoping he has the prints again this year as I've been unable to find another source for a copy.
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
The Legion of Junior Woodchucks?! COOL! [ROTFLMAO]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
It is cool.

I picked up a Legion/Duck print from him in Baltimore a few years back. Never fails to make me smile. Don Rosa himself seems like a real great guy.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Bumping to see if anyone else is planning to attend either show.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy

I'm planning to be in Baltimore on Sunday, though I'd really like to make the Weiringo tribute Saturday.

If I make it at all, it will be a high speed run-through like last year.

Last year I wound up walking/taxiing the last three miles of the trip due to transportation issues. This year I either have to take three kids to comicon (not too likely) or I have to be back in VA in time for my wife to attend some DoD thing in Annapolis.

geez -- wives, kids, jobs -- always getting in the way of comic book-related fun.

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Too bad I'm not there to baby-sit, huh? [Wink]

Also, just how many wives do you have, Lad Boy..?

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy

quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
Too bad I'm not there to baby-sit, huh? ;)

Maybe I'll set the kids in front of a web cam and you can watch them from wherever you are now.

quote:
Also, just how many wives do you have, Lad Boy..?
I'm a one-woman man.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.