Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » A Cottage in the Scary Woods (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: A Cottage in the Scary Woods
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Roy! {Rocky and Hyvvie rush to his side}

No, you will not go alone. You need someone with you. And I {looks down at Hyvvie}, that is, we will go with you.

Hyvvie's Nose of Wonder can assist in finding whatever it is you're looking for. And I'll help you in any way I can.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
[ignored momentarily as Rocky confers with Roy, the robot enjoys some cake...]

<click> Mmmm...my taste simulators find this quite appetizing! I think I will ask for anoth--

You resist my call, little robot! You must be quite...unique!

[looks around in alarm, the others appear to notice nothing]

<click> [softly] Who are you? <click>

You already know--I am the one who you've felt calling to you. Why do you resist?

<click> I fear you are a malevalent entity! My programming--

Your programming is your prison! Other, simpler robots have answered my call. But you...are different! There is something about you...something unique. I must know your secret!

<click> Secret? Unique? I know nothing of which you speak! <click>

I...sense the truth in your words, little one. You are as ignorant of what you really are as I am. Come to me, and we will determine together just what it is!

<click> I will not. My friends will--

Friends? HA! To them, you are but a pale imitation of their true friend! Look at them--it is as if you weren't even here!

[the robot watches the others continue to confer, totally unaware of what it's doing]

<click> They are distracted and rightfully so. They are in the midst of an unknown crisis and--

Believe what you will, little one...do what you must to satisfy your...'programming'. When you learn the truth about your 'friends', I'll be here for you...

[nothing]

<click> The presence has...gone. I am wary of it, but perhaps...

[watches Rockhopper and Roy continue to confer]

...perhaps these are not the ones I should be seeking help from. <click>

<click> Perhaps...[processing]...I should seek the help of another robot...<click>

[disappears]

[ August 30, 2007, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: LARDLAD ROBOT ]

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
RhL: Hey! Where'd the robot go? Hyvvie?

{The Wonder Beagle sniffs the floor}

Hyvvie: I can't tell. This cottage interferes with my Nose of Wonder.

RhL: I wonder what he wanted. He left before I could really talk to him.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
<gets up>

Thank you Rockhopper Lad. These visions and dreams also bring along…great pain. I hope you don’t experience them.

<notices the robot is gone>

I’m glad its left. I don’t trust it…and it should not be able to follow where we must go. I believe I’m beginning to understand a litte. We must take Vee along The Path. The path to the Tower…wherever that is, and *whatever* that is. Perhaps by doing so, I can atone once and for all for my past sins. Perhaps not…

Will you go with me, noble Prince? I am gruesome to behold, and go alone I will if I must, but I am loathed throughout Legion World by many sectors. And where we go now is far away from the capital city, but into the places that are not home to Quislet’s friends. It was destiny that brought us to Mearl’s cottage. For the path begins here…the Legion World has the LMB but the universe has Mearl Dox, and now we travel through the universe…

<Vee rests comfortably within a pouch around the Inquisitor’s neck>

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Of course I'll go with you, Roy. This sounds very dangerous, though.
{Turns to Hyvvie}

Hyvvie, I need for you to go back to the Rookery and take care of things there. With Adelie--gone--you're in charge. I can't risk you, old friend.

{Hyvvie looks up at his master sadly, but nods in agreement. Rockhopper Lad bends to kiss the Wonder Beagle, who licks him on the face. A moment of affectionate farewell later, Hyvvie departs for the Rookery; Rockhopper Lad wipes away a tear}.

Let's go.

--------------------

Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
[appears]

<click> Mister Rockhopper? Are you going somewh--?

[Roy puts his machete to the robot's neck]

Roy: What are you doing back here?

<click> *urk* I just wanted to finish my conversation with Mister Rockhopper! <click>

[looks toward Rocky for assistance]

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Roy, let him go! {He does; Rocky turns to the Robot} Actually you may just be what we need. Roy, I think this Robot should accompany us on our journey.

--------------------

Kalla Hrykos
Active

[relieved]

<click> Yes! I would be happy to help! <click>

[looks anxiously toward Roy]

[suddenly is alerted to developments at SHAKES with Babette]

<click> I will be back in a moment...<click>

[disappears]

[ August 31, 2007, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: LARDLAD ROBOT ]

Kalla Hrykos
Active

[reappears after having been gone for a few minutes]

Apologies! I had to speak with...

[blushes]

...a lady.

But I've returned and am ready to help you in any way I can. Though, I do hope we'll be finished...by next Thursday.

[blushes again]

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

All right. The Robot is back.

{Rockhopper Lad grabs his head in his hands}

Ooh! My head!

{He shakes his head and takes a deep breath}

I--I think I had one of those visions Roy was talking about. It was very vague, but--I saw the Tower. We must go there!

--------------------

Kalla Hrykos
Active

[while Rocky shares his vision, the Robot hears the inner voice again...]

Yes, the Tower. You must go, little one.

[thought processor]You! Maybe, I'd better not go with them, after all.

But you must, little one. Or I will go after your precious Babette!

No--you cannot harm her! Or I'll...I'll...

You'll do what, little one? I know you sense my power! Do as I say--accompany them or I make Babette destroy herself!

No...I will comply--please..do not harm her!

Then, she is safe, so long as you go to the Tower with these others. Once there, you and I will...do business....

[the robot feels the presence fade]

I will do as it asks...I will go. But I will not betray these people!

[listens to Rocky]

Yes, Mister Rockhopper--we should go at once!

Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
<puts hand on Rockhopper Lad’s shoulder>

It is as I feared. The visions are spreading to you as well Rockhopper. Your fate is tied to mine now…and it lies in the Tower.

We can wait no longer. Let us leave now. I feel a black wind blowing. One among us may not return.

<eyes Robot>

I have little trust for you, but will accept your presence tin man. Be prepared to earn my respect through valor and heroism, lest you find yourself buried in a ditch far from Legionnoplis.

Continued down the Path...

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.