Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Legion of Superboys (and Supergirls) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion of Superboys (and Supergirls)
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
[Big Grin]
After doing that recolor job on an Ultra Boy sketch I started wondering what the Legion might look like if they'd taken their inspiration just a bit further.

So I started playing around with a few of barry's Legionnaire sketches and some others I have on my hard drive.

What if the Legion had been so inspired by Kal-El that they all made uniforms that were based on his famous super suit?

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

-

-

-

-

-

I got a little overwhelmed at work this week so I didn't get a chance to do more than a few of these. I intend to do some more but if anybody else feels like making Legionnaire Superboys then be my guest. It's fun!

[ October 30, 2005, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Great idea YK. Legionnaire uniforms based on Superboy's. I may have to throw some micros out there for that.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
These are great, I really like Saturn Girl and Phantom Girl.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suncat   Author's Homepage   Email Suncat         Edit/Delete Post     
Fun idea! It might have already been clear that I love playing around with the costumes. Must try some of these.

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

[Big Grin]
Thanks!
It just struck me that perhaps they could ALL be Superboys and Supergirls. It's such a typical teenage thing to celebrate your diversity by joining in with a group and dressing exactly like your heroes.

Sure it's contradictory but who cares as long as you're cool, right?

-

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
You know YK the Legion IMO was exactly that. Each (for the most part) had one power. Each had symbol/insignia upon their chest representing their power or codename. They were suppossed to be a Legion of "super-heroes". I think this is the foundation of the team.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Click for fullsize image

[ November 04, 2005, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

Yk
between boots

[Big Grin]

-

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Those rock YK!
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
These are freaking awesome, great job, the re-coloring (why does that sound like a cheap b-movie horror flick), opps, the coloring looks really natural!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
[Big Grin]
After doing that recolor job on an Ultra Boy sketch I started wondering what the Legion might look like if they'd taken their inspiration just a bit further.

So I started playing around with a few of barry's Legionnaire sketches and some others I have on my hard drive.

What if the Legion had been so inspired by Kal-El that they all made uniforms that were based on his famous super suit?

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

< other images edited out for quicker loading>

I got a little overwhelmed at work this week so I didn't get a chance to do more than a few of these. I intend to do some more but if anybody else feels like making Legionnaire Superboys then be my guest. It's fun!

This is a great idea YK and these two work for me. I can see the idea you are going for but some of the other designs just dont do it for me. Ultra boy looks really heroic and iconic in this get up. Whilst Imra looks like she is paying homage, and looks hot to boot so thats a big thumbs up. [Smile]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh boy! I really should scroll down to the bottom of the thread before posting a reply.

This cosmic boy works much better for me than Barrys basic design. the colours the homage aspect and the skillful merging of the two costumes work. I could see Rokk doing this, especially as he would be the History buff.

Click for fullsize image

then there is the Saturn girl. A clever and subtle way to adapt Supergirls costume. Again i like this a lot. However, I dont suppose early adventure era Saturn Girl would be happy to have that much leg on show. [Frown]

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suncat   Author's Homepage   Email Suncat         Edit/Delete Post     
Ideas have been bouncing around my brain since I first read this thread. Finally had some time to start sketching. Decided to try the original costumes first. Here's Shrinking Violet.

-

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

[Big Grin]

She's so DARN cute!

Now I'm sorry I don't have another one finished enough to post.

:C

PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
I love this idea so I coloured one of the Moy pics to match

-

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.